Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rules for Showing You Tube Videos to a group ? (not for profit)
  • alanbill99

Does anyone know the rules for displaying (from laptop to projector screen) you tube videos related to biking ?

I’ve got a selection that I wanna show to a group of 20-40 friends and don’t want to infringe any laws. I will not be charging people to watch and it will not be “public”. The info on the web seems very unclear from what I can see ?

Should I contact every video maker and ask their permission ?

alanbill99

bump

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The permissions will be on the video page, are they legit uploads or clips from paid films ripped off?
    I put all my stuff up under creative commons, that is more to do with people using it for commercial without acknowledgements.
    If you are using some bodies video then they might be chuffed to know about it.

alanbill99

Legit uploads, so stuff like Danny Mac / Road Bike Party etc

mikewsmith
    Free Member

They are free to share (probably) but if you read the page it should tell you

Cougar

I don’t see the problem if it’s a private viewing to a group of friends.

If I see something I like, do I need permission to show my OH? Unlikely. So it’s ok for two people to watch, but not 20? Where’s the cut-off exactly? Is 5 ok? 10?

Broadcasting in public is a different matter, and the workplace probably has its own rules (I’m analogising to the PRS / PPL rules for music here). But to friends in private? I can’t see it.

(And apart from anything else, who would know anyway?)

alanbill99

The only “public” element to it is that we have got to hire a venue to fit everyone in, but no money is changing hands to view the videos

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rules for Showing You Tube Videos to a group ? (not for profit)’ is closed to new replies.