Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Red Bull TV really that bad?
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

Watching the dh footage from Australia happily on my TV then it just stops and can’t get it back. Few hours later I go on the app to try again and it’s terrible. All ghost images, blocks jumping and juddering. Is it always like this????

singlespeedstu

You should have got up at 5.30 to watch it. 😉

mintimperial

Nope. Usually works well. I couldn’t get it going in the app on my phone at all this afternoon but it worked fine in the browser on my laptop. Server gremlins somewhere I expect.

dirtydog
    Free Member

All ghost images, blocks jumping and juddering. Is it always like this????

Yes, in 240p

scaredypants

I used to find it poor but was fine when I watched today (and the last round too)

shindiggy
    Free Member

Never had a problem with red bull TV, but this morning it was a little pixilated.

simondbarnes

Generally fine for me.

tom.nash

Had real problems streaming all day :-/

maxtorque

Considering it’s free, it ain’t too bad imo!

Occasional hang, but generally streams fine for me 😀

gerti
    Free Member

Watched the replay stream on the Raspberry Pi using Kodi, no probs at all 🙂

fingerbang
    Free Member

Its absolutely fine for me. As long as I access it using the app. Million times better than the old freecaster live stream which just constantly stopped.

Also I was impressed with the number of track cameras at cairns; there was loads of em!

Double thumbs up red bull even if your product is rotting our children’s teeth 🙂

zigzag69
    Free Member

Do you stream standing or sitting down?

WhiteRussian
    Free Member

I just watched the highlights on the website using my PC. It worked perfectly for me. 🙂

julians
    Free Member

The red bull app was rubbish, pixelated, ghosting etc as per posters above . But streaming it via kodi was OK,not perfect as it was a bit skippy,but watchable.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I just spent the last couple of hours watching it.
    Plugged HDMI cable from laptop into the tv,& watched it glitch free as usual.

nealglover
    Free Member

Watching it now via the app on Apple TV box.

Working perfectly.

milky1980
    Free Member

Streamed near perfectly for me this morning on my phone, decent picture too. Lourdes was a bit worse though.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I very rarely watch live, always watch the replays…..just watched the replay of this mornings race on my laptop and it was perfect.

cookeaa

Watched on my firestick earlier and it was indeed all to cock, not had the issue before, all other streaming seems to be fine on that device and others just the redbull DH coverage that was not quite right…

tenfoot

I watched on the iPad app up until it froze, just after Gee Atherton’s run.
    Couldn’t get it back, so switched over to my laptop.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Fine here apart from the boardcast problems a couple of times but I am much closer 😉

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Looked fine to me, watched live here in Oz.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Watching the XC here now and it’s going fine, just need a tracking map for the riders

ferrals
    Free Member

Woke up early to watch second half of men’s xc and it’s shocking keeps hanging and going to a random image of a rock garden, installed app and it’s the same

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’ve just watched the entire mens and womens xc on the Web version today. Didn’t get that at all

ferrals
    Free Member

Might be my poor connection, or being on an iPad, annoying though!

rOcKeTdOg

I’ve just watched the entire mens and womens xc on the Web version today

+1 perfect

danposs86

Is it just me, or have they cut down how many riders they show on the DH?

Has it always been 5 women and 20 men?

STATO
    Free Member

New setup for this year. Proportional to the reduction of riders the events now allow.

StuE
    Free Member

Works fine on Apple TV

acidtest
    Free Member

Sounds like their servers can’t handle the load or not enough bandwidth.

medders
    Free Member

worked fine on Apple TV for me. Never had a problem on that or on the Ipad.

However, I could have done some serious bodily harm to that damn woman spectator constantly ringing a bell on the climb near one of the camera points. Really irritating. Even my boy sat with me watching it was moaning about her (he is 4)

Trimix
    Free Member

Aaaagh, that f*ing bell.

I wanted to ram it down her something or other. Perhaps she was deaf, or is it some ruse to encourage the Swiss riders to pedal faster. Not that they seemed to need more encouragement.

But watching the men’s XC replay last night the quality was fine.

honourablegeorge

Been excellent for me, previously on Android phone via chromecast, and now on Android TV box, both in HD, zero issues.

acidtest
    Free Member

However, I could have done some serious bodily harm to that damn woman spectator constantly ringing a bell on the climb near one of the camera points. Really irritating. Even my boy sat with me watching it was moaning about her (he is 4)

Yeah I hope it’s been ringing in her head all week since. I really don’t get why they need to make so much racket.

sirromj

It amused me how there were people around the bell ringing woman for the first lap or so but they left her to it pretty quickly.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Nope. Usually works well. I couldn’t get it going in the app on my phone at all this afternoon but it worked fine in the browser on my laptop. Server gremlins somewhere I expect.

Late to the party but this was the case for me on Sunday evening. Android phone that usually works fine (cast to TV) had the app crashing as soon as I tried to play but Apple TV was fine after a few seconds of blockiness.

Hopefully any problems were a one off, I love Red Bull’s coverage

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Red Bull TV really that bad?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM