Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 415 total)
  • Rugby – Heineken cup
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Frankers – are you a welshman in disguise?

Frankers
    Free Member

Oh hang on Neil Back ???

Was he playing today ??

Frankers
    Free Member

TJ….. are you a Tigers fan in disguise

Come on don’t hide it

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

🙂

Na – I am a saffer in disguise

Scamper
    Free Member

Get out of jail for Glaws. Of all their lightening fast wings, Jonny May is the quickest of the lot.

Pigface
    Free Member

TJ are you a Scotsman is disguise 😆

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Not with my accent Pigface.

kennyp
    Free Member

TJ. Laidlaw is turning into a superb player. Great srum-half, capable of playing 10 and his kicking is getting better with every game. He still has room for improvement, but I reckon he’ll start for Scotland in the 6 Nations.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ta

9 or 10 ?

could he play 9 with Weir at 10?

Pigface
    Free Member

Whats happened to Cussiter who was a class scrummy for a while then he got injured. Is he still playing?

duckman

Pigface – Member
    Whats happened to Cussiter who was a class scrummy for a while then he got injured. Is he still playing?

POSTED 7 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Playing again but been broken just once too often. A shame as 5 years ago he was as good as anything in the home nations.

Pigface
    Free Member

Cheers Duckman he was indeed a very very good scrumhalf, shame he got injured so much.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Cussiter is back to his best IMO. Great game from him today. I am a big fan. Fast to the breakdown, wound up his opposite number, gets the pass away.

kennyp
    Free Member

I haven’t seen enough of Weir to comment really. I think Laidlaw is best at 9. Not sure he’s (yet) international class at 10, though is probably capable of doing that role for short periods if injuries dictate. Weir sounds as though he could be the future though.

The great thing with Laidlaw is is kicking is getting better and better. Essential with Paterson close to retirement and with that injury he revelaed a few days ago.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Leinster – awesome display today.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Leinster – awesome display today.

Indeed – would beat many a national side and I can’t see anyone In the Heineken cup beating them

The complete game today. where do you attack them? No weaknesses to see.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Kenny – Weir is a good steady standoff – a good reader of the game, fine kicking from hand, decent pass and is aware he needs a running game and attempting to develop it. Takes the right choice every time. Really calm attitude and good head on his shoulders for a young man.. Will Robbo have the bottle to pick an inexperienced 9 and 10? and if he does who plays 12?

kennyp
    Free Member

It’s an interesting call. The one good thing is that Scottish rugby does have a very good crop of young players coming through. I just hope Robinson will stay on as head coach. I rate him very highly.

duckman

Quins tackled and defended like demons….gonna run out of gas soon methinks.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

WuNuNdReD 🙂

(that’s me second this week)

Six point win over Scarlets for Munster today – proving that while they’ll most likely qualify from the group now, it’s Leinster who are the team to beat. Awesome display against Bath…again continuing Irish rugby’s decade long dominance over English rugby at both club and country level. I just wish Sexton would perform as well for the green machine – he is excellent in a blue shirt.

It’ll be interesting to see the QF draw – but as I mentioned earlier – I think that’s the limit of Munster’s abilities this year. I think only one of the French sides has the game to beat Leinster – certainly no other home nation side can touch them at the moment.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Well I never… Quins what a result

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Indeed – for one of Europe’s lesser sides – a massive win for them away in Toulouse. It’ll be fun seeing them struggle later in the competition, but well done to them today. What did the Quins player on the sidelines get the red card for? I didn’t quite catch it on my dodgy stream.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

stopped Toulouse taking a quick lineout

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

stopped Toulouse taking a quick lineout

Ah right…ah well, I think the tossers Quins deserved the victory today. Not many sides go to Toulouse and get a win.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Well done Munster and Quins. DD I hope the Irish run continues on the 14th Jan !!!

duckman

What a game from Quims, French didn’t help themselves,but Quims never lost the top two inches,which won the game.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Check the stats on scrum.com – Toulouse had total dominence in the numbers but 17 turnovers killed ’em

themountaingoat
    Free Member

Gawd bless you the Quins! Great result for us, not so good for the Quins haters! 🙂 The pitch didnt hold up to well!

Scamper
    Free Member

And Glaws would have turned them over too, if not for a forward pass.

Only ten points needed against Quins and Toulouse 😕

Frankers
    Free Member

Away win at Ravenhill and we’re through, gonna be very tough though

Flood still off form…… needs to pull himself together

Geordan Murphy had great game, good to see Manu back and keeping himself out of trouble

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It was the second time a Quint had stopped a quick line out. Very, very poor form, imo.

donsimon
    Free Member

Check the stats on scrum.com – Toulouse had total dominence in the numbers but 17 turnovers killed ’em

That’s all well and good, but what’s YOUR opinion TJ?

Frankers
    Free Member

Ok what’s everyones opinion for the final

TJ & Darcy come on who’s your money on ???

Pigface
    Free Member

An Irish side and a French side 😐 dont care anymore 😥

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I can’t see past Leinster I have to say – well they will get beaten by Edinburgh in the final but they are the best of the rest

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TJ, you should be on the stage! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

Frankers
    Free Member

Are any Scottish teams still in ???

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Both Glasgow and Edinburgh could go thru but for Glasgow its unlikely. Edinburgh have a good chance.

Frankers
    Free Member

TJ just kidding with ya don’t take the bait……

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Wooosh – flew right over my head

Its actually quite exciting that the Scottish teams are not total crap and out of everything before new year for once

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 415 total)

The topic ‘Rugby – Heineken cup’ is closed to new replies.