Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rudy Project RX Inserts – Any experiences
  • sweaman2
    Free Member

I normally wear contact lenses and then some Rudy Project Glasses. However I’ve been advised not to wear contacts as much due to a retinal issue so I’m looking to convert my current glassess (Rydon’s) to prescription. The cheapest (although this is very relative with Rudy Project) option is to get a set of RX inserts for my current frames but I’ve always been somewhat suspicions of having two sets of lenses instead of one after using clip-over glasses about 10 years ago. I’m therefore interested in any one elses experiences of the RX inserts; especially if they can be compared to just contacts or just RX lenses..

Many thanks

DeeJay
    Free Member

I originally bought my Rudy Projects to use with contact lenses but as I know I can’t see as well with the contacts I bought the RX adapter and had it glazed for my prescription – even got them done with the varifocal lenses. They are great – the adapter fits very postively in the frame and sits snuggly against the main lens – not at all like clip overs to wear. They do take longer to clear if they get steamed up though but seem to me to take longer to get steamed up than other glasses I’ve used. I have’nt used anything else for the last 2 years whatever the weather, day or night riding

sweaman2
    Free Member

Thanks – some postive comments was what I was hoping for. How easy is it to take the adapter in / out? If, for example, I was using contacts one day instead. My opticians can order me the inserts but doesn’t have one for me to take a look at and it is a bit unusual for them.

DeeJay
    Free Member

The adapter clips round the nose piece – its a doddle to remove a refit – I take mine off to clean them everytime.

sweaman2
    Free Member

Great – thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rudy Project RX Inserts – Any experiences’ is closed to new replies.