Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Rubbish birthdays
  • yunki
    Free Member

I know I’m a bastard yunki, but that admission and the way it’s written made me actually laugh.

they’re some of the funniest times of my life looking back on it.. but at the time the horror that your own mind can inflict upon you is quite extraordinary..

plop pants – I cannot begin to comprehend the sorrow that you must feel..

singletrackmind

Virtual Man Hug @ Plop Pants .

cinnamon_girl

Rich – I am sorry to hear that. 🙁 It can’t have been easy with you working such a distance away.

Dez – sounds as though you’re having a rubbish time of it. How’s the injury now?

plop pants – that is truly dreadful. 🙁

maxray
    Free Member

plop pants – that is truly dreadful.

+1 🙁

Poopsies
    Free Member

Plop Pants I am so sorry to hear that.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I find it difficult celebrating anything since my son died.

That sounds as if it might have been a while ago ? An ex of mine lost her daughter (23 years old) just over a month ago, she is beside herself with grief and sorrow. I feel so powerless to help, because of course I can’t. I’m hoping that time eventually will at least ease the pain, although I know that the pain will always be there. As yunki says, I cannot begin to comprehend the sorrow.

plop_pants
    Free Member

Thanks everyone. It has been 6 years now. I do try and come to terms with it but I find it difficult to express myself to my family so just keep it in. But I think I am starting the process. I have recently taken to riding my son’s bike after seeing it hanging up in the garage for far too long. It’s a nice connection.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I have recently taken to riding my son’s bike after seeing it hanging up in the garage for far too long. It’s a nice connection.

Yup, your son will always be with you. And there’s still things you can do for him – like riding his bike ! 🙂

Although it’s still very early days my ex g/f is starting to do things which she knows her daughter would want her to do – she had the most brilliant mother/daughter relationship. Something which while of course can’t diminish the devastation that she feels, it does help her to focus on just how lucky she was, despite losing her so young – hope that makes sense. It sounds as if you similarly had a brilliant relationship with your son PP.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Rubbish birthdays’ is closed to new replies.