Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Rubber Queen 2.4
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

Are the cheapo £15 rubber queens any good? Obviously they will be the same tread pattern and volume but what about the quality and softness of the rubber. Can they be compared to say Maxpro 60a rubber? I cant find anywhere that says the rating of it.

Thanks.

slowrider
    Free Member

i have no idea but the expensive ones are ace, really good all rounders. draggier than summer tires, slippier than mud tires but very predictable and confidence inspiring. they have a stoopid name though.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Problem with the expensive ones is that they are expensive and I cant be spending £50 on one tyre.

Northwind

Never used the cheap ones… But I wasn’t that impressed with the black chili Rubber Queens, they were good but not amazing- very disappointing wet weather behaviour and iffy edge grip, though otherwise very nice, excellent straightline grip, huge comfort, fast for their size, and not too heavy either… Conti really seem to rely on the expensive rubber to make a decent tyre. I’ll be getting another to put on the rigid when it needs a new front tyre, it’s an awesome choice for rigids IMO, but I didn’t stick with it on the bigger bikes.

So I would expect that just like with Mountain Kings etc, the standard rubber version will be pretty shoddy.

timmys

they have a stoopid name though.

Incorrect. If is a name has to be changed for the american market to not offend the idiots then it is officially 100% excellent for the rest of the world.

fattatlasses
    Free Member

There’s a good reason why they’re so cheap…..they’re C***!

Had a demo bike for 3 days that had standard compound Mountain Kings on – they were probably the worst tyres I’ve ridden in over 10 years (and I’m a complete tyreaholic, so’ve tried lots good & bad) The standard compound is very plasticky and can let go very quickly. They were quite light, but functionally, only really worked when the bike was lying on its side not moving 🙂

You could always see if On-One still have the dual compound Kenda Nevagals on special offer – very good all round tyres for the price.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

If you dont fancy paying £50 for one you could try paying £50 for 2 off me. Only 2.2 width though and one has been used on about 10 rides…..

Teapot
    Free Member

I have a pair of 2.4 Black Chilli folders for sale if you are interested? They have been fitted but never used as the rear caught on the swingarm.

£45 posted for the pair?

Teapot

Yetiman
    Free Member

Teapot – Are the Rubber Queens still available?

chakaping
    Free Member

I wouldn’t bother with the cheapies. You can probably find other tyres to do a similar job with a better compound for similar money.

Or buy Teapot’s ones of course.

Teapot
    Free Member

Yetiman, yes they are but I’ve just put them in the classifieds.

Email me: mark_greshonATyahoo.co.uk

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Rubber Queen 2.4’ is closed to new replies.