Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • RS Revelation geeks…
  • markgraylish
    Free Member

Does anyone know whether the "Rock Shox Revelation 426 Dual Air" has externally adjustable travel? What about externally adjustable compression damping?

Any other info gratefully received!!

This fork is spec'd on a custom bike build I'm interested in but the shop doesn't specify what fork features it has and I can't find this particular model on Rock Shox useless website!

z1ppy

externally adjustable travel?
    No they be called Revelation 426 U-turns if they had that, though they can usually be adjusted internally pretty easily..

bollard
    Free Member

I have 426 u turns 130's
    noticed the gold finish is coming off on the right stantion ?
    tips / help required 😯

Grimy
    Free Member

The Clue is in the name. They tend to call non u-turn forks "Dual Air" as opposed to "Revelation 426 Air U-Turn". On this basis they are fixed length, well, unless you change the spacers yourself of course.

External compression damping can be achived on any revelation fork as long as it dosent have a poplock. On the SL models, you have a blue adjuster that increases the compresion dampening all the way to locked. On race and team models, you get On or Off…which is less adjustable obviously.

markgraylish
    Free Member

externally adjustable travel?
    No they be called Revelation 426 U-turns if they had that, though they can usually be adjusted internally pretty easily..

Do you know whether it is possible to do an upgrade to convert Dual Air to U Turn? I really need to be able to reduce the travel for climbing as this bike is very slack (ie it's got a 67 HA) and I want it to be able to climb steep techy stuff…

(If not, I'll have to consider a different fork [probably TALAS] or cross this bike off my list!)

DarkIgor
    Free Member

You can put a spacer in the air spring to reduce it permanently by 20mm (or any amount if you want to make a spacer). It's a very quick job.

You can buy an air u-turn cartrdige but it will be pricey.

Personally I don't find the u-turn system good for on the fly changes. I tend to wind down my Lyriks to about 140 and leave them in one position. I think it's something like 7mm per turn of the adjuster, so to drop it for a climb needs a good few turns.

2011 revelations are available with a dual air dual position damper, so that might be worth a look. (tftuned might know if the dual position damper will fit a 426)

stooo
    Free Member

I've got the 426 u-turns which have ext rebound, compression, lockout and travel adjust… none u-turn models don't have the travel adjust.

Incidentally, mine are for sale – post in the classifieds, which can be seen in my profile.

mmb
    Free Member

can you not call the shop and ask? if they're selling it they should know and if they don't they're probably not the right shop to buy from!.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

I have 426 u turns 130's
    noticed the gold finish is coming off on the right stantion ?
    tips / help required

Me too, its also the right stanchion. The coating seems to much thicker on the left leg. Even right at the top where there is no overlap with the lowers.

DarkIgor
    Free Member

Just had another thought, you could change to a u-turn coil fairly cheaply. Something with a 67 HA probably wants hammering downhill and a coil might be more suitable.

markgraylish
    Free Member

can you not call the shop and ask? if they're selling it they should know and if they don't they're probably not the right shop to buy from!.

I trust the knowledge of STW over most shops! This is a cracking deal and, as far as I know, this is the only shop offering it so not much choice. Just want to consider options – at the end of the day, it's such a good deal I can always swap out the forks later…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘RS Revelation geeks…’ is closed to new replies.