Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • RS Revelation
  • m6dwn
    Free Member

Being new to suspension what is the difference between RL and RLT on Rev’s?

And is remote fork lockout worth it?

Thanks

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

I bought a pair of RLT’s last week from on one for £300. the T stands for Turnkey.
    http://www.sram.com/rockshox/technologies/turnkey
    here is another thread
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/rockshox-revelation-whats-the-difference-between-rl-and-rlt

m6dwn
    Free Member

Thanks

How are you finding the RLT’s?

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

I’m building up a Cotic BFe but it’s all at my normal house and i’m at uni. They were the last piece of the jigsaw and I can’t wait to test it all out when it’s built!
    The wait is killing me but I don’t have time to get home and build it up 😥

gt900uk
    Free Member

It Stands For

Rebound Lockout Threshold i belive. The threshold being the floodgate dial on the top.

Revelations dont use turnkey that is Rockshocks most basic compression damper i think.

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

that makes more sense. I feel a bit stupid now. I read it was turnkey but that is obviously tk now like on the cheaper sektors. thanks for correcting me! 😳
    this explains it anyway
    http://www.sram.com/sites/default/files/missioncontrol_tuningguide_en.pdf

chickenman

I paid to have the remote lockout removed from my Revs: The lever kept sticking, they cluttered the bars and the crown mounted lockout is within easy reach anyway!

Superficial
    Free Member

that makes more sense. I feel a bit stupid now. I read it was turnkey but that is obviously tk now like on the cheaper sektors. thanks for correcting me!
    this explains it anyway
    http://www.sram.com/sites/default/files/missioncontrol_tuningguide_en.pdf

Nope, that link is for Mission control damping – found on some of the posher Lyrics / Totems / Boxxers. Motion control is different and those setup instructions don’t make a lot of sense (although they do explain under what circumstances to run different amounts of compression etc).

The main difference between the Revelation RL and RLT (I’m assuming we’re talking 2011 here as there’s no RLT for 2012?) is not the different adjustments, it’s that the RL doesn’t have the Black Box compression damper. Whether or not that’s an issue is up to you.

gt900uk
    Free Member

I dont think that is accurate, the RLT and RL are the same i think. Just no external floodgate on the RL. Both use the moco damper with high and low speed flow (DNA?)

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I paid to have the remote lockout removed from my Revs

I paid to add a bar-mounted lockout. I use it loads and love it. It’s much more convenient than reaching down to the forks, especially if I’m trying to sneak a cheeky breakaway from my mates on the boring road sections.

LoCo
    Free Member

All the Revelations for 2012 have the DNA Motion control (compression unit)
    Thay also all have the dual flow rebound unit (similar to last years Blackbox unit) this gives start of stroke rebound adjustment and factory set end of stroke (big hits deep in travel) control, however this can be custom tuned.

The RL has rebound adjustment and just compression to lockout, remote or crown adjust.
    The RLT has Rebound, compression to lockout and low speed compression adjuster like the old gate adjust, again crown or remote adjustment.
    The RCT3 has three compression settings open, threshold and lockout, with a low speed compression adjuster. It’s only crown top adjustable though due to the three options on the compression.

Both units are fully custom tunable and will fit other units such as Sektor and Pikes.
    This also work for Sids and Reba with shorter length dampers.
    If you have any further queries don’t hesitate to contact me 😀

LoCo
    Free Member

http://www.sram.com/rockshox/family/revelation what RS have to say about it.

smiff
    Free Member

thanks for this info LoCo.. best explanation i’ve seen, just ordered a Rev (sorta killed my Rebas in Wales, they were pissing me off anyway). Rev RLT because that seems best deal for £315 from merlin, quidco tracked making it about £305. should have bought this earlier in year (cheaper, would have had it for that trip) oh well :p

btw best price i can see for RCT3 is £455 from wiggle with their 10% off, i can’t justify extra £150 for that extra threshold setting really, plus i like the remote!

so fingers crossed this solves all (?!) the things i hate about my ’08 Reba:

1) arch clearance with 2.25+ tyres
    2) stiction when wet (spent hours on this..)
    3) bit flexy / 9mm dropout
    4) IS mounts were corroding right off and going to kill me 😮 from a trip to Lakes with salty roads..

at the same weight, with better rebound.. yeehah 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘RS Revelation’ is closed to new replies.