Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • RP23 v Float R
  • benz
    Free Member

After breaking his LP frame and subsequently buying a SC Nickel, my good mate gifted me an RP23 for my 2005 model year Trance frame.

Shocks appear to have the same eye-to-eye length.

The Trance frame and shock is basically the only part of the original bike left – and everything is A1, as its not used a lot.

So, worth getting the RP23 serviced and perhaps Pushed to replace the Float R?

Front forks are 426 Revs with 130mm travel and are also A1

jmann
    Free Member

RP23 will have more adjustment, but having it Pushed is the way forward.

I had a Float r in mine and when i got that pushed it felt like heaven!

Is the stroke the same….that will affect travel rather than i2i

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2004 Float R that’s been PUSHed, a 2008 Float R and a 2009 RP3 on our bikes here. Both the Float R and RP3 are for the same frame, so they’re a good representative test. TBH I prefer the ease of setup on the Float R, I can’t quite get the RP3 dialled…with compression full on the bike feels constipated but pedals well. With it off, there is a lot of pedal feedback. Meanwhile, the Float R seems to walk a very happy fine line and never feels wallowy or inert.

The PUSHed shock is desperate for a service but it feels really good. It tracks the ground a whole lot better than in it’s original form and has even shown my Romic coil shock a thing or two. Recommended.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘RP23 v Float R’ is closed to new replies.