• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Routes near Cirencester
  • dst
    Free Member

I am having a few days away next week in South Cerney near Cirencester. I have permission for an afternoon out on the bike whilst my wife is shopping .
    Can anybody suggest a route / area to head for?

dst
    Free Member

anybody?……Please

mrmo
    Free Member

look towards cheltenham, for Lecky and Cleeve hills, i know there is stuff towards stroud but i don’t know it.

qwerty
    Free Member

I’m no expert on the area having recently relocated to Stroud but I think from the doorstep you’ll be looking at linking up some bridleways etc. Try Bigfoot mbc, Slam 69, Noahs or any of the Cheltenham shops. FoD and Cwm Carn are about an hour away.

IHN

Are you looking for roady stuff or mountain bikey stuff?

I know a decent MTB loop that starts in Bisley and comes down to near Daglingworth, so not that far from town (othe side from South Cernmy though.

As for road stuff, I can give you a route that’s a pleasant hour or so’s pootle through some quanit villages, but the whole area’s nice really…

slimjim78
    Free Member

Minchinhampton Common? Look like some nice challenging climbs round there to me..

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

There’s a Vertabrae Publishing Cotswolds guide book, I reckon 75% of the routes in there are worth doing. If you dont want to get the book, try some of the bridleways around North Nibley, Stinchcombe and Dursley.

….or Cotswold Water Park!

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Can go Swindon way and ride up on the Ridgeway.or as said Cheltenham way.South cerney water park not to exciting inless you bring a jetski.

dst
    Free Member

Thanks all. I am staying at the water park so will have a pootle around there. Will have to dig out my OS maps for other stuff.

IHN

The water park’s okay, but it will be a flat pootle on family cycle tracks. Pleasant enough, even possible to have a couple of pub stops in South Cerney and Ashton Keynes, but zero gnarr.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Routes near Cirencester’ is closed to new replies.