Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Route guides directory and premier subscribers
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Is there a list of all the route guides ever published in ST and a linked pdf repository?* Can there be one? For premier subscribers?

Do I have to look through the contents of each mag and make my own list then download the pdfs and snip the pages myself?

* I mean I assume there isnt as I cant find a link in the sections up there ^

trailmonkey

always used to be a routes guide nav tab up there ^^ so maybe they have gone prem.

although they never added the dartmoor routes that were in the mag.

if it’s the dartmoor routes that your after, i have them as mm files.

geebus
    Free Member

I have a ‘Trail Guide’ tab menu between reviews and Blogs.

Stoner
    Free Member

the trail guide section above is not the mag articles.

I wanted to look over some mid wales routes.

trailmonkey

I have a ‘Trail Guide’ tab menu between reviews and Blogs.

oh yeah 😳

Stoner
    Free Member

So anyone at ST towers got anything to add?
    Im guessing there’s no way of searching the archive for mag route guides is there?

Would be nice to see on a google map, all the route guide locations with clickthrus to the pdf of the route and/or gpx.

Want to pay me to do it, Mark?

rusty90
    Free Member

Would be nice to see on a google map, all the route guide locations with clickthrus to the pdf of the route

Doesn’t http://singletrackworld.com/trailguide/ do exactly that ?

Stoner
    Free Member

nope. Read thread.
    They arent the mag routes, just a collection of trail centres and a couple of other locations.

swoosh
    Free Member

The ‘Trail Guide’ section of the site hasn’t been updated since Jan 2010 so is somewhat out of date. it would be ok if it contained every route guide from the mags upto about 2 months ago (to encourage people to buy the mag, or wait 2 months for the route).

Stoner
    Free Member

or be uptodate and made available to premier digital subscribers.

The mag routes are all available to digital/prem subscirbers in the archive, but you have to go through each of 69 issues manually to extract them.

I just wanted to browse some of the welsh ones like the Doethie valley (issue 63) for some ideas, but I cant be arsed to go through every issue, flicking through the pdf, then cutting the page in some utility, etc etc. Was hoping one of those lazy journos had been arsed to do it already 😉

singletrackjenn
    Free Member

Stoner, what you want does exist in the Trail Guide.

The map pins include both trail centres and our route guide locations. If you click through the links on the route guide pins, you’ll get the page for that route guide, with links to pdf copies of the OS map extracts for the routes. So, no need to delve through the Mag Archive.

Disclaimer: unfortunately, the map itself is at least a year out of date and, much as I’d like to have time to go through all of the route guide links right now to check they all work, sadly I don’t…

We’re currently discussing the best way to manage the route guide archive in the future; please bear with us!

In the meantime if there are specific route guides we’ve done since then which you’d like to know about, then email Chipps and he can tell you which issue they’re in. According to my stickers-on-paper map, we’ve done Welsh route guides in issues 1, 9, 12, 13, 23, 25, 34, 41, 47, 53, 57, 63, and 65…

Stoner
    Free Member

thanks for the reply Jenn. the issue list is helpful as I can flick through those hardcopies to short list first.

the gpx look great in Google earth BTW.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Route guides directory and premier subscribers’ is closed to new replies.