Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Rose and Canyon bikes, anyone?
  • ton

looking at various bike options, both these do 29ers in sus or ht version. and you seem to get a fair bit of bike for your cash.

are they any good?
    anyone got a bike from either.

DT78
    Free Member

Can’t help with how they ride, but lusted after the canyon 29er for some time, is good value, but they don’t really do sales or discounts and I was able to pick up a Scott scale for a significant discount, so went for that in the end.

I have a rose road bike, had for a couple of years. Very pleased with it. Company were good to deal with so don’t let the buying over the internet thing put you off. Had put my money down on a canyon road bike but they kept pushing out the delivery date so after 2 months cancelled and went with rose.

Marko

OH has a Nerve AM.

Stunning value for the money. Only issue is that the paint seems very ‘thin’ and the stupid headset that they fitted – the bearing just sits in the head tube. Bottom bearing is cheap enough from Superstar though.

Hth
    Marko

northshoreniall

Couple mates have Rose granite chiefs – great bikes, ride well and top spec for £. Apparently very easy deal with too?

LMT
    Free Member

I have the odd canyon or 2 ok 3. My hardtail is the grand canyon 6.9 and its a great bike to ride fun to blast down the trails it climbs well and is my go to bike for a blast, have one of there road bikes as well and that’s not let me down. Did a 95mile charity ride a month ago and it was faultless.

OH has a nerve women specific, and its a world apart from her previous bike.

All in all great bikes, customer service has been fine with me, I know others have had issues. Would I buy another yes without hesitation.

atlaz
    Free Member

Can’t speak for Rose but I’ve been to Canyon’s HQ and it’s very impressive. They have a huge place in Koblenz with a shop and bar as well as the assembly lines. Staff are pretty switched on and friendly too.

fatmax

Ton – hope you’ve recovered from your op ok?
    I’ve got a road bike (last year, full Shimano 105, decent Ritchey finishing kit, and Mavic Ksyrium Equipe wheels), £1350, and it’s been brilliant, and they were great to deal with. I’m 6’5″ and the fit is superb, I can get it set up exactly as per a bike fit that I had.
    Mate of mine has a top of the range 29er carbon hardtail (XTR and £4K) and loves it too. I’m looking at the cheaper 6.9 in this years range.
    All the best.
    Fraser

ton

@fatmax…feeling ok so far cheers.

the 2 i were looking at were the granite cheif 27.5 and the spectral al 6.9

both great looking bikes for the money.

jimw
    Free Member

I have a Canyon Nerve AL29. It rides really well, would recommend to anyone wanting a medium travel FS.
    Amongst my mates, there are four Strives, one Lux CF and a Nerve CF. All have been very good, the Strives were perfect for our annual Alps trip and the Lux is amazingly quick.
    Good value, well made

scaredypants

ton – Member
    looking at various bike options

😀 awesome !

(mind, there was a time when you’d have bought one of each)

euans2
    Free Member

I’ve had a Canyon Nerve AM in the past, now I’m awaiting delivery of the new Strive CF. The Nerve was a good bike that never let me down and any time I’ve dealt with Canyon it has always been a pain free experience.

batfink
    Free Member

I’ve got a Granite Chief….. had it since 2010 ish.

Awesome. Great value for money at the time, but the spec has changed a few times since I got mine and I haven’t been keeping up.

Importantly (for me), it’s as tough as old boots but light enough to pedal all day. They have just changed the frames completely – so I guess they might have some deals on the old style builds about now – but the new ones look pretty good too.

timidwheeler

I have a Canyon Nerve.
    The customer service I received when I bought it was poor, with delivery deadlines missed and fairly rude emails in response to polite enquiries. I very nearly cancelled. When the bike finally arrived I was happy. It’s a great bike and I love it.

It has however had a few problems. The forks were repaired without any issues. I sent them straight to Mojo and a couple of days later they sent them back fixed. There was an issue with the rear mech. No one ever replied to my emails so I sorted it out myself.
    The frame was faulty and had to be replaced. This took three months and a massive amount of stress. In the end they did get it back to me just in time for my holiday. Sadly it had just been rammed into its box with no other packaging so the rear mech was destroyed. However they did pay for my lbs to fit a new one. I also had an issue with the rear hub sticking, but again I was able to sort it out myself.
    My rear Crossmax wheel has developed quite a lot of play which the internet suggests is a common problem. I have no will left to deal with Canyon so am going to sort it out myself.

I personally will never deal with Canyon again. It just isn’t worth the hassle. What was noticeable was the differing levels of service. Some emails were replied to helpfully and politely while others were just rude and dismissive. Sadly there were far more unhelpful replies than helpful ones.

Jamie
    Free Member

It has however had a few problems

That, kind Sir. Appears to be an understatement.

batfink
    Free Member

^ my Rose has been fine, just sayin like.

handyandy
    Free Member

a friend has the Rose The Bruce 4x, and its dripping with quality. No problems with communication or delivery, and its had no issues since he bought it. As a result, a couple of mates have now decided to buy from Rose bikes.

stimpy
    Free Member

I’ve a Canyon 29er (grand canyon 7.9). LOTS of bike for the cash. Only issue has been the Mavic Crossride wheels (rear hub play) which seems to be a known issue with that hub.

Couldn’t be ar$ed with warranty so rode them into the ground then got Hope hoops to replace them. Still plenty of cash saved as against what a similar spec bike would have cost from a more traditional supplier to begin with.

Those Spectrals are tempting!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Rose and Canyon bikes, anyone?’ is closed to new replies.