Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Rooney
  • tails
    Free Member
    GlitterGary
    Free Member

“I was written a cheque and have agreed this is where I belong.”

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

was he just haggling for more cash ? who knows. seems to have taken it to irretrievable breakdown point and then signs a new contract!! needs to put in some good performances now though to win back the fans!

Jamie
    Free Member

Hardly surprising, Stevie G did the same thing last season.

tails
    Free Member

“I was written a cheque and have agreed this is where I belong.”

Yeah obviously but the pay check at City would have been bigger. United can’t compete with them financially.

You do wonder what the fans are gonna say next time he plays, and in training what are the top stars like evra/vidic going to think of him as they are every bit as talented in their postions.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

John Terry did it two seasons ago when he was in talks with Man City.

tails
    Free Member

John Terry did it two seasons ago when he was in talks with Man City.

I thought terry publicly snubbed citeh?

NorthShaun
    Free Member

NOB! that is all!

GlitterGary
    Free Member

He did after 2 weeks of talks with Mark Hughes, and an enhanced salary from Chelsea.

Brave John Terry.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

No breaking news on skynews states he was offered unlimited hookers on a “lay as you play” bonus!

Or perhaps a “whore when you score!”… IGMC

MSP

I think that City, Chelsea and Madrid took a look at the situation and thought he’s not actually worth the money he wants to them, so he had to back down.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

dick – lost all respect for him, hope united fans dont forgive him though there about as fickle as the players so wouldnt count on it 😆 😆

cant believe fergie has fallen for it either – how exactly have the assurances of a world class squad changed since the start of this week???? have they acrquired a sudden billion dollar takeover??? have they said fergie can have 100’s of millions to spend which they dont have?!??!?!?! NO HAVE THEY FOOOK, they just offered him better terms!

money, money, money!

tails
    Free Member

cant believe fergie has fallen for it either – how exactly have the assurances of a world class squad changed since the start of this week???? have they acrquired a sudden billion dollar takeover??? have they said fergie can have 100’s of millions to spend which they dont have?!??!?!?! NO HAVE THEY FOOOK, they just offered him better terms!

Fergie said he wanted rooney to stay, perhaps gill etc have spoke to the americans and they will spend money, after all if they stop winning it will only get worse for them.

higgo
    Free Member

Once a blue,
    Always a Red.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

hes about as loyal to united as he is to his – ie, not very 😆

Haze

Well what a load of old bollocks all that was.

Can’t say I’m surprised though…

jimmy

once again football shows its ugly side, in more than one respect. I want Holloway’s opinion.

donsimon
    Free Member

I thought his choice was going to be Utd or retire due to the problems in his personal life. I also believe that if his personal problems were part of his motivation for leaving, then he couldn’t be a ta better club and that might explain why Fergies has welcomed him back. You don’t bad mouth the club and expect to stay, Jaap Stam anyone?

kimbers

load of fuss over nothing
    plenty of people do this in other lines of work

but the media turn this into a soap opera and footy fans slavishly follow the ‘drama’ under the illusion that players are there for the love of the game when really they are just as financially motivated by obscene salaries as bankers

Candodavid
    Free Member

Fat greedy scouser, holding utd for ransom.
    Wouldn’t want him playing for my club.

Will he be another Gazza?

GlitterGary
    Free Member

He’ll never be as good as Gazza.

BigJohn

The meeja all went on about how he said he definitely wanted to leave. But if you read the statement he issued it said nothing of the sort. It just said he was dismayed by the lack of funds available to buy the best players.

Was Sir Alex using him as a fireproof mouthpiece?

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Pleased someone already mentioned fat, greedy & scouser in the same sentence.

ac282

kimbers has it right. Playing football is just a job. if you think your can be paid more/have better carrer progression somehwere else mot people will swap jobs. Wayne has already moved from his club (Everton) in order to get paid more/win trophies, why would anyone expect that he wouldn’t do the same as soon as he feels man utd isn’t the place to be?

portlyone

He’ll never be as good as Gazza

He’s already won more, and at a much higher level.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

I wonder how much unseen dirt Fergie and ManU have on the rest of Roonies’ private life. Must be a lot!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

rubbish ac282 – united are englands biggest club, they still have a mint team regardless of citys power buying….

fergie has always been up there challenging whislt rooney has been there, so he has absolutly no reason to doubt it what so ever….

if rooney was at liverpool for example at the minute you could understand his point, but at United??!!???! they were champs league finalists a year ago and won the league, and then came 2nd in the league this year and won the fa cup?!!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

it was purely just to get more money out of the club – i hate united with a passion (deluded liverpool fan 🙁 ) but its even wound me up and made me feel a bit sorry for fergie on this one…..

player power is all that can be said

oh and fat useless pie eating shrek c-hunt!

😆

GlitterGary
    Free Member

“He’s already won more, and at a much higher level.”

Yes, but he’s a fat, greedy scouser.

Gazza was a fat…oh.

Seriously though, at least Gazza was bothered about playing for England, and was as skillful as you like. Rooney was a waste of space at the last world cup, he shouldn’t have got a game after the 1st one. You’re only as good as your last game, and Rooney is turd.

Oh, and a cretin.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

The only thing odd about this situation is that fergie was keen for Rooney to stay through out. Normally if any player gets too big for his boots Fergie has no issue getting rid of them, with the confidence hes a good enough manager to spot an equally good young player with the money he’ll get.

Ie stam, van nistelrooy, keane beckham etc..

Remote possibility but it isnt beyond reality to say fergie may have engineered the whole situation telling Rooney not to sign a contract(who is too stupid to realise it will destroy what little is left of his reputation) until they had some assurances that transfer funds would be available in January.

If fergie suddenly signs one big player or splashes the cash in january this may be less unlikely than it sounds.

Especially the other day when fergie was playing up to the camera’s almost crying for his lost son, looked a little staged to me.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Fair enough with the just a job line but he dressed it upto be something other than wanting a better deal- thats what annoys- I assume man yoo have now proved how much ambition they have by adding 150k a week to his granny hooker fund
    I think its the beginning of the end for fergie as in the past he would have had shrek out of the club and replaced him with a world class replacement – he’s now left having to buy mexicans he’s never seen play!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

160k a week now reportedly! having said that rio has been on 120k for the last 5 years!!!!!! how on earth they can justify paying him that much i have no idea, he must have been the highest paid player in the world 5 years ago – and a centre half! rooneys worth more that that in money terms and i can see his point in comparison to rio etc etc….however the way he has gone about it is shocking…

nothings changed from august to now with the clubs ambitions – the only thing thats changed no doubt is they have probably been forced to add another 40k + to his weekly wages just so he doesnt walk free in 2 years! shocking!

fergie has lost it for me with this one, if its not the money issue, then on the flip side he has basically said he doesnt think his team mates or manager have the same ambitions as him ( and basically saying he doesnt think the current players are of his so called ‘world class’ level)!

really shocked to be honest by it all

no ones come looking good out of this for me

fergie – caved in/gone soft/naieve

rooney – greedy and undermined the whole ethos of united/the team for the last decade plus

all in all i dont know how he can have the audacity to put on a shirt again to be honest…..

im not even a united fan and its riled me up, cant imagine whatthe die hard fans must think

and to top it off, he shouldnt even be in a position to hold them ransom, HES BEEN **** SHITE THIS YEAR!!!!!

how can that justify doubling your salary?!?!??!!??

KonaTC

Maybe they should pay him by results…

Ho that wouldn’t work he would be a poor scouser…

Hairychested
    Free Member

Or Ferguson convinced Rooney to sign again so the idiot recovers his form and then gets sold.

allthepies
    Free Member

rio has been on 120k for the last 5 years

No pay rise for 5 years ? FFS, he should join a union.

😉

tails
    Free Member
    Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Tails; sadly, they won’t be the last club to end up like that. 🙁

tails
    Free Member

Maybe they should pay him by results…

They actually do get paid by results, rooney will receive 160k if he plays well, trains well, possibly champs league and prem game and he’ll have to score, otherwise he won’t get near that amount but still more than you or I earn per annum.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

tails – not true sorry, having ‘being’ in the football world

his 160k a year is his basic wage weekly and guarenteed, even if he is injured (some players like saha, owen, ledlely king etc, i believe have appearance based wages due to consistent injuries) – he will then get goal bonus’, win bonus’, appearance bonus!

on a good week he will be topping at a guess 180k a week if he is on the 160k said basic….

sorry to make it seem even more stupid 🙁

tails
    Free Member

Tails; sadly, they won’t be the last club to end up like that.

hey even united could go under the way the football industry is run in the UK.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

and even then there is more bonuses… the squad will get a lump sum divided to them at the end of the season for where they finish in the league, obviously the higher the finish the more bonus, they will also get a champions league qualification bonus and the likes!

i know a lad who earns 15k a week at wolves, and gets paid 2.5k just for playing on a saturday or every game on top of that 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Rooney’ is closed to new replies.