Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Ronde van oost Lancashire
  • Harry_the_Spider

Anyone doing it?

click

oldgit
    Free Member

No, but enjoy.
    'Just off to do 'Round the East of Leighton Buzzard' after my tea and Nutella toast
    Nice and mucky out there.

crikey
    Free Member

Yes. I'm in the car park….

Harry_the_Spider

Ducked out after 30 miles. When your vision goes monochrome it is time to find a chippy.

ton

😆

oldgit
    Free Member

LOL, no offence like.

Harry_the_Spider

My first ever road ride with more than 2 people involved!

Some of the others were a bit quick and some of the climbs were brutal (for me anyway).

Good fun in a perverse sort of way. Quite pleased that I managed to hang on for the first 20 miles, after that I just fell off the back. No point in spoiling the fun of "the sweeper" so I went in search of junk food.

crikey
    Free Member

I did it, twas a cracking ride, very tough in places, very well signed, will definitely be back again. Silly steep cobbles in places, and a lady in the coffee shop who couldn't ever, ever sleep on her front.
    And it didn't rain, thankfully.

Harry_the_Spider

Crikey, were you one of the sadists who set the pace?

crikey
    Free Member

Me? Oooh no missus, not these days. I tried to spend the day pottering at the back then playing catch up on the flat, I'm not really in any kind of climbing shape.

Had a good chat with a commonwealth games gold medallist tho, in between breaths…

Harry_the_Spider

There was one of them with us?

I was the fella in the green On-One kit BTW.

twinklydave

the suffering!
    the cobbles!
    the climbs!

MrSparkle

You didn't seem to be suffering too much Dave! I was cream crackered by the time I got home, I tell thee. For a 'mere' 50 miles it was quite a ride. Well done to crossjunkie and all involved, superb organisation.

oldgit
    Free Member

Doing the 'faux' Hell of the North next week. 100k with 20 rough stuff sectors of gravé. Should be a laff.

Edit; gravé/gravel i,e bridleways

MrSparkle

gravé? What's that – a cobbled cemetary?

twinklydave

I was suffering walking up those cobbles!

miketually
    Free Member

I couldn't make it over to this, but it inspired me to make up my own (sort of). Darlington to Dales Bike Centre to Tan Hill to Barnard Castle to Darlington – 72 miles with 6 sections of gravé/pavé.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Ronde van oost Lancashire’ is closed to new replies.