Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • rollerbladers in cyclepaths
  • not really a rant but…
    so there's excellent cyclepaths where i live. they're not luxuriously wide, but wide enough…
    rollerbladers get on my wick, they can't go in a straight line so overtaking is impossible and at weekends they go around in packs of 10 or more meaning you're stuck at 10kmh for ages.
    am i being intolerant? i guess all types of traffic use the roads and pavement and who am i to say what is permitted?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ask politely if you can pass them or ring your bell?

nickjb
    Free Member

Do you have a bell?

sssimon
    Free Member

carry a scythe and mow them down at the calves

DezB
    Free Member

You must live near some of the 5% of usable cycle paths in the country!
    I'd get pissed off too. So I'd use the road.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Never mind that. What are they doing outside of the 1990's?

yeah i get the point about the bell…i have one. but try overtaking 10 rollerbladers all zig-zagging in 'annoy cyclist' formation with just a bell.

willard

Didn't we have a thread about car horns the other day? Something about one that used to be on a train?

One blast of that and you get a cycle track of falling over rollerbladers and a free cycle track. I make that comedy gold and win:win.

sssimon
    Free Member

google airzound

MadBillMcMad

we use cheeky trails.

bladers use cycle paths.

walkers go on bridleways.

tolerate & share.

coffeeking
    Free Member

how many packs of 10 rollerbladers do you see? 1 – why are you complaining? >1 – where the hell do you live to have so many?

yesiamtom
    Free Member

i skate with my dad on a cycle path along farlington marsh near portsmouth. Generally let cyclists past when they need to. I get annoyed by dog walkers not having their dogs on leads along there though. A 25mph collision would not be a pretty thing.

And im sure they aren't zig-zagging as you say, just skating. If you are so intolerant and unaware of other people then how do you expect car drivers to be tolerant of you ?

edit: dont tkae the dog walker thing as hypocrisy, i do let cyclists past and do slow down for dog walkers. I just think they need leads on them as ive nearly been knocked off a few times by dogs.

Edric64
    Free Member

get past them and chuck gravel on the path !that will slow them down 😆

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Take off and nuke them from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

CountZero

@yesiamtom
    easy tiger,
    actually i dont expect car drivers to tolerate or like me. simply abiding by the law as i do and not crushing me to death would suffice. it's not likely that a taxi driver really likes cyclists on the road, but regardless of this annoyance, he can still respect the cyclist as another road user.
    i mean it's not likely that a cyclist would really like a load of rollerbladers blocking the way. might make me a bit cross but obviously they deserve the same respect for safely etc as everyone else.
    in the same way that your infinite tolerance allows you to live with dog walkers, i can live with rollerbladers. i respect them too, giving them room, not shouting, pass when safe etc etc. doesn't make me like them blocking my way though.

i wasnt proposing to round them up and exterminate them all…maybe i am just jealous because my lack of balance stops me from trying rollerblading, i dont know, no offense intended
    mmmkay

Joolz
    Free Member

>1 – where the hell do you live to have so many?

It's on the up. There are two established Roller Derby teams where I live. They mostly practice indoors but do a long distance skate on a stretch of national cycle path to support their indurance training. I kind of think the paths are there for everyone.

cranberry
    Free Member

Ride up close behind them and shout "Gerrr off my Laaaaaand!"

Don't forget to put your red socks on before you go out, mind.

i was wrong, we can cooperate, here's a foto to prove it. my bad,sorry. i live in barcelona.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘rollerbladers in cyclepaths’ is closed to new replies.