Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 120 total)
  • Roll Call for the STW Forum Ride 26th/27th Sept – Kirroughtree and Dalbeattie
  • rickmeister

Just re reqd this thread, we are with Kenny Pie-Power P as in the list above.. looking forward to seeing you Sunday daveb….

davy-g
    Free Member

will hopefully be briging a couple of XC whippets along with me…

My eldest Son doing the MacMoab dropoff

Trekster

whippets 😥

fotheringtonthomas
    Free Member

I have had a slight change of plans as I will have two of a friends young lads visiting we hpoe to see you around on sat but will have to assess their ablities first however I will make dbt and will try to bring some locals

simonralli2
    Free Member

Fotheringtonthomas

Hi – no probs – they could always maybe do the outbound red and then the blue coming back? Or if they are having fun do the red coming back and jumping over the tricky bits? Lots of options for beginners but yeah, the black will probably prove too much due to distance?

Davy-G – respect to your son. If anyone is going to be doing the drop, I must make a video from the top to try and convey how vertical it looks when you're up there!

Rickmeister – I thought you guys were doing Mabie on the Sunday? Was planning on saying hi to you guys in the car park saturday assuming you're there when we are?

forge197
    Free Member

Trekster – think you would keep the whippets in touch!!

Trekster

think you would keep the whippets in touch!!

Cheers forge, depends on defenition of whippet. Have ridden with some whippets and no way can my aging body keep up especially somewhere like Kirry that has way too much climbing for my creaky auld limbs

simonralli2
    Free Member

Yeah but Trekster, if our ride at Glentress is anything to go by you'll have the lot of em on the downhill sections. 🙂

I on the other hand intend to out-shout every single bleeding last one of 'em!

Electrogirl
    Free Member

Hello, hello! At last I've got my password sorted out and able to reply! My gig is Friday night and providing I can get up in good time I'll be able to make Kirroughtree too! Hurrah! I'll text John Sat am early doors to confirm. Erm. Done red there, but not black … not sure if I'm quite ready for that !! I'll do me best.

Whats this about a meal on Saturday … Can I come too?

Electro :-))))

simonralli2
    Free Member

Hi Electro

The meal was my idea – a Chinese in Dumfries followed by maybe a drink or two somewhere.

I am not too sure who is interested in this and I need to book a table, so can everyone please let me know if you are coming out for the meal? Ta

I am sure you will be fine on the black. It is just like the red, but longer, with just a few tricky bits that I have to hop off and walk over. There are also annoying bits that I could probably ride but I always stop thinking that the drops look big or I fail to see a line and then when you're walking over the stuff you think it wasnt that big and you should have cleared it! You'll love the black, it's fab!

Kit
    Free Member

Put me down for dinner on Saturday Simon, but count me out of karaoke!! 👿

simonralli2
    Free Member

Panic not Kit, it gets v busy and it will be too late by the time we get there for me to get a song in. Dumfries does have its moments and am sure we will find somewhere good to go 🙂 Maybe though we should get Electro up on the karaoke seeing as she's a professional!

(Although after saying that 2 weeks ago a doctor [female] bought me a drink after asking if I was in a band after "Wake Me Up When September Ends" and I got bought another drink by another by another lass last week and she said she liked my singing too 🙂 )

househusband

Put me down for the meal too, please. Will leave the karaoke as optional, depending on mood/drunkage…

Hey EG – welcome to STW, look forward to seeing you again!

simonralli2
    Free Member

Just for the record it is very unlikely there will be any karaoke anywhere on Saturday night. I know it's just me so I can get my fix on Thursday as per normal lol.

Kit
    Free Member

(Although after saying that 2 weeks ago a doctor [female] bought me a drink after asking if I was in a band after "Wake Me Up When September Ends" and I got bought another drink by another by another lass last week and she said she liked my singing too )

They're probably desperate as they haven't seen a man in four score years who isn't inbred and related to them in some way.

😉

Just kidding Simon, go slay 'em! 8)

radoggair
    Free Member

Hey EG – welcome to STW, look forward to seeing you again

smoooooooooothhhhh !! HH strikes again 😉

househusband

LOL!

scotabroad

Simon

Change of plan for me, I will come to the saturday event, even though I am out of shape, if push comes to shove I can peel off halfway and just do the red.

Message to Doonhamers
    I will have room for one or two people and bikes if anyone needs a lift from Dumfries.

Cheers

S

Trekster

Stew, meet Electro, Electro meet Stew. You are neighbours.
    Electro, Stew has red BMW & Electro has the Bumble Bee coloured Smart. You are also both members of the Comencal movement.

Trekster

add me to Sat night party

Stew..give Electro ^^^^^ a shout, she is just along the street a bit, yellow/black Smart car next to B&B

Got another possible for Sat, Eric from the Polybikers. All depends how his decorating goes 🙄

Electrogirl
    Free Member

KK! You guyz sure are a crazee bunch! I look forward to meeting those I've not met yet and those I have as well! Like my shy neighbour. Incidentally I spotted you'd a Commie the day you moved in, it was planted atop your car! And count me in for the food. Where on earth did anyone get the impression I was a professional? I once won a set of ear plugs for being the WORST singer at the office karioke. lol 😆

Electrogirl
    Free Member

Oh! BTW Mr HH whereabouts you staying whilst you are in Sunny Dumfries? Just being nosey! 😉

househusband

Staying at Saughtrees B&B, as recommended by Trekster.

Trekster

Saughtrees is on Annan Rd. Danny is both mountain and motor biker. Think he might be away to a bike rally this weekend. Secure shed etc.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Ah Electrogirl, I read your post as you having a gig. Maybe you are attending one instead then?

Trekster

weather is looking good;
    weather for dumfries

The fair is in on the Whitesands. Fun on the dodgems etc

Kit
    Free Member

The fair is in on the Whitesands. Fun on the dodgems etc

Lets hope a biblical flood washes down the Nith and takes away all the neddy scum that hangs about at the fair, as well as the boyracer idiots parked top and tail every weekend.

Er, or at least gives them a ruddy good soaking!

Electrogirl
    Free Member

Simon – yes I'm going to a gig in Glasgow. The Temper Trap are playing. You might of heard their song Sweet Disposition, getting a lot of airplay just now.

HH – my neighbours run a BB in Dumfries and often have cyclists staying – it would have been funny if you'd been staying there!

p.s. I haven't worked out how to insert quotes yet – answering on my phone and it is a bit of a "fouter". 😉

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Save me reading all of that again. What time are you guys meeting on Sunday at Dalbeattie. Not looking at robbing your cars, i plan to turn up and ride

Trekster

Then on Sunday meet at 10am at Dalbeattie and at 11 ride the red route which also includes many black optional obstac

les such as The Slab and Terrible Twins.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

What are we doing between 10 & 11?

Trekster

Electro..click the quote button^^^^^^then click it again at end of quote

Trekster

What are we doing between 10 & 11?

Faff time and waiting on stragglers. Best for you to arrive nearer the 11 ride off time. This could be a long day 😆

You off today Hobo?

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Suits my current style down to the ground. Should i bring lights 😉

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well I thought people could maybe chat and say hello to each other between 10 and 11 as others faff! I think it's fairer on everyone to at least be ready by say 10.45.

BTW – the coffee shop doesnt open till 10.30, and to be quite honest, I really was a bit disappointed by the quality of coffee at Kirroughtree. It comes from a machine where you just press a button, like those ones you get at some petrol stations. The carrot cake is very good though, so maybe bring a thermos for a cuppa before the off.

The Pyes and I just managed to get a cuppa and more cake in on our return last Thursday, I think the place closes at 4.30. Not too sure about timings but I reckon if we set off at 11 we should make it back by 5?

I am about do a bit of quiche for myself in a bit, and then I will rewrite the list of who is riding where, and also work out how many for the meal.

Trekster – are you and Mrs Trekster coming out for the meal. Also, as I write I cant remember if the Forges are coming out too, so will do a tentative list around 7/8 tonight.

And finally, do we have news on Raddogair and his shifts?

Trekster

Only me for Chinese. MrsT is on a diet.
    No news from raddo
    I am off out biking soon so probably not be back here till tomorrow sometime

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well folks I have just been going through the thread, and it seems like we have a top mix of people for both days.

Kirroughtree (Saturday)

SimonRalli
    Trekster
    Mr and Mrs Forge197
    Househusband
    Tandemwarriors + x
    Davy_G + 2
    Electrogirl
    Kit
    Craig1975
    Scotabroad

Dalbeattie (Sunday)

SimonRalli
    Trekster
    Mr and Mrs Forge197
    Househusband
    Gary_Lager
    Davy_G + 2
    Electrogirl
    Kit
    Craig1975
    Scotabroad
    Andrewy33
    Fotheringtonthomas + x
    TheLittlestHobo

Chinese Meal in Dumfries

SimonRalli
    Trekster
    Househusband
    Kit
    Craig1975
    Electrogirl
    Mr and Mrs Forge1975 (TBC)

Radoggair is TBC, and Fotheringtonthomas may come on Saturday depending on his analysis of his chums' abilities.

Good to see two or three of you have got your fitness/speed excuses in early, as seems to be traditional.

If there are any updates or changes to this, please let me know. I will book the table at the Chinese tomorrow evening, say for 8.30?

kennyp
    Free Member

Further to Rickmeister's postings, yes, there'll be a group of us there. I'm planning to ride down from Edinburgh tomorrow on my road bike. Or at least I'm going to see how far I get before my "support vehicles" overtake. Current thinking is that I won't make it past the bakers in Biggar!! Mountain bike's going in that nice T5.

Hangovers permitting we'll see you guys in the car park on on the trails. There's one or two in our group that, shall we say, aren't the quickest in the world, so we may set off before 11.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Ah right – I hadn't actually forgotten you guys kenny but the list was for who is riding in our group!

kennyp
    Free Member

That's okay Simon, I kind of figured that.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 120 total)

The topic ‘Roll Call for the STW Forum Ride 26th/27th Sept – Kirroughtree and Dalbeattie’ is closed to new replies.