Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Rocky Mountain Slayer. Feedback appreciated.
  • Chase
    Free Member

Rocky Mountain Slayer sxc 70

Anybody got one, had one, hated it, loved it.

What kind of build – weight – what did you mainly use it for?
    I’m looking for a new frame and they are at what seems like a good price from Merlin at the moment. So far all I have found is a Bike Radar review.
    DHX 5.0 shock on it – best avoided?

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks.

costello
    Free Member

love mine,i’ve got the rp23 shock though,capable at everything even tough climbs the new frames are a lot better than the the first”new” design(06 i think),they don’t sit so far in the travel and climb much better as a result,super stiff and stable at speed in fact mine really comes alive when ever i point it downhill,
    i reckon my build is approx 30lb,perhaps a little less,bulit for light weight and speed,
    full list is
    2008 rm slayer sxc
    fox 36 float,
    crossmax sx, nobby nic on front,fat albert rear (tubeless),
    thompson post / stem
    wtb ti saddle,
    easton cnt dh bars,
    formula oro bianco,203 /180,,
    xo /race face transmission,
    i had the old improved slayer before this and a commencal supreme before that,
    the new slayer is the best of the crop for genuine do it all capability,it’s strong light enough and looks the dogs,plus it’s a good deal at merlin like you said,go on get your card out!!

Chase
    Free Member

Thanks for the input Costello. Basically, I currently have an On-One Growler. Whilst I love the way the bike rides it’s a bit too heavy at just under 35lb with XT transmission, XTR brakes, XT AM wheelset, SDG I beam post and saddle and Marz Z1 lights (bit heavy but super plush). I cant’ really lose anymore weight on it so I’m looking at new frames. The Slayer seems a good deal, but so do the Commencals that Merlin do too.

gregsticle
    Free Member

I loved mine but given my style of riding, it’s just too much travel for me.

It was loads of fun in the alps for a weekend and id well suited to the likes of Glentress, Afan etc. I reckon mine weighs in at around 32lb.

It’s also currently for sale in the classifieds section…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Rocky Mountain Slayer. Feedback appreciated.’ is closed to new replies.