Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rockshox/SRAM reverb seatpost supply rant
  • Radioman

Why is it we have to wait until January for the new Reverb seat post from Rock Shox.

I understand that the reverb post has been on sale in Germany for some time. A German friend of mine had one on his bike in August and they are readily available on German internet sites.

I like my UK LBS and want to buy from them plus a UK warranty is good, but WHY are the UK importers for Rock Shox so slow??

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Similar rants to this are held by bike shops up and down the country every day…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

£ tanked, so they rightly thought they’d sell their limited supply for a higher price in the euro zone and eselwhere?

Radioman

Seems so stupid that on EU country has it and another doesn’t … and we are talking 3months not just a few weeks difference…Rock shox should think about getting a proper distributor for all of Europe. They are throwing away UK sales to other products if they wait till winter..or maybe someone will launch a better post??

druidh
    Free Member

If they are already selling all they can make, what do they have to worry about?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

SRAM warranty is worldwide, so as long as you have proof or purchase, Fishers will fix it accordingly.

Just buy one from the States – you can get them for £140 shipped if you look around. Even if you get cripped by import tax & VAT its still massively cheaper than the UK price, plus you will beat the VAT rise.

Radioman

would think their cost is in US dollars(made in China/Taiwan??) £ has rallied from 1:45 vs the Dollar in May to 1.60 now. The Euro has weakened versus the US dollar from 1.20 in May to 1.37 now. Sterling is faily steady versus the Euro at 85 pence/Euro now, and was about the same in May.(hi and low between now and May are 88.9p and 80.9p).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox/SRAM reverb seatpost supply rant’ is closed to new replies.