Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Rockshox Stanchions
  • neil853
    Free Member

thats cack, he’s thinking of the other common fault that is when it wears the stantion coating off around the seal from poor sealing, which happened to my year old set of lyrics. Your issue is something seperate entirely.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I apologise that my life does not evolve around stern letter writing,
    I took Maths Physics and Chemistry, I’m not a hairyfairy englishy person -_-

Generally, when a forum member takes time out of their working day to rewrite a letter on your behalf, the lack of a “thank you” and the subsequent insult may well be construed as you being extremely rude.

In the meantime, it does not look like contamination under the seals. As others have said, you’d expect to see vertical score marks on the stanctions themselves as opposed to general pitting.

5lab

you can repair small pits in stanchions using nail varnish, if you’re worried about it affecting your seals. Obviously this will probably end your warranty chances, but i’ve done it to repair deep scratches before and it works fine

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    lewismorgan
    Free Member

I think i’ll give the warranty claim a go and see what the result is 🙂

PJM1974
    Free Member

You still haven’t thanked me for my help or apologised for the insult.

robsoctane
    Free Member

@lewismorgan: F&*^ed forks or not – it seems that you easily upset with your on-line behaviour. Thank & apologies to the very kind person that did you a huge favour.

lewismorgan
    Free Member

the message was aimed at cruzheckler not you.
    and i apologise, but im not going to say thank you after every comment

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Stanchions’ is closed to new replies.