Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rockshox Reba Race Lockout
  • tpercy
    Free Member

Hope you guys can help, I have a set of 2009 Reba Race forks, now the lockout works spot on if I'm using the pushloc lever but when I remove the lever due to the spring return in the damper the fork won't stop in the locked out position is it posible to remove the spring or disengage it or do I need a different damper unit
    Cheers
    Tom

spock
    Free Member

I think you have to buy a new damper cartridge or somthing silly like that, the red tube bit attached to the lever i think.

tpercy
    Free Member

Thought as much thanks for your comments pal

moff

If you remove the damping cartridge, you can unhook the spring.
    I think petepoddy stuck up a how to guide at some point.

glenh
    Free Member

Just remove the compression damper, take it apart (clockwise unscrew) and unhook the spring.

cbrsyd
    Free Member

I have the reverse problem, the return spring in the damper has stopped working. Not fixed it yet but found this thread which has some picks of the damper mechanism. Looks pretty easy to unhook and disable the return spring.

http://www.thehubsa.co.za/forum_posts.asp?TID=54127&PN=1

tthew

Are you sure that it's not filth in the lever/cable?. I had to have mine apart a couple of times, give it all a bloody good clean and lube and reasemble it. The spring is strong enough to snap it back into place when clean and free running, but isn't designed to drag the lever through a load of muck and bullets.

cbrsyd
    Free Member

Are you sure that it's not filth in the lever/cable?. I had to have mine apart a couple of times, give it all a bloody good clean and lube and reasemble it. The spring is strong enough to snap it back into place when clean and free running, but isn't designed to drag the lever through a load of muck and bullets.

It's not the cable. I've disconnected it and when you manually turn the lockout on it doesn't spring back to the off position, which is what tpercy wants, but I don't, maybe we should swap forks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Reba Race Lockout’ is closed to new replies.