Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Rockshox Reba lock out problem
  • mtb_matt
    Free Member

I have some Rockshox Rebas which are about 6 weeks old. The lockout has now stopped working after three rides. I'm going to take them back to the shop, but wondered if this was common and if so what the issue is?

Cheers

julianwilson
    Free Member

are you still getting full travel? Mine started this when the seal head in the right leg failed and the oil from the motion control fell into the bottom. You could confirm this by letting most of the air out of both chambers and seeing how far you can compress the fork. (don't forget to turn the bike upside down if you let air out of the bottom one as a load of oil will come out).

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yup, wot Julian said. Check the travel. Common fault these days, easily fixed, but on a new fork will be a warranty job. 🙂

mtb_matt
    Free Member

That seems to confirm what I found through Google. Poor show for Rockshox if it really is that common. Will have to take it back to Halfords as its a Boardman Pro.

stumpyjon

Really common fault, not just REBAs either. Usually takes more than a couple of rides to fail. Can be sorted with a clean and refill of the oil but will happen again at some point. Got to sort mine over Christmas. TFTuned have a permanent fix using some of their parts usually used in a PUSH upgrade but it's not really the right answer for a new fork still under warranty.

rondo101
    Free Member

Sorry to bump an old thread, but this sounds like the issue I’m having with my 2010 Reba Teams. Lockout’s not working & having let out all the air, the fork bottoms out with about 25mm of stanchion showing. Forks are over a year old, but were serviced (by LBS) fairly recently (~2 months ago). Do you reckon I could ask the LBS to sort it as it’s failed so soon after a service or should I expect to pay for the fix?

Stoner
    Free Member

I think this is a problem with a rubber seal that can get caught in the lockout mechanism. Does the lockout lever go round lightly and go “home” or does it seem to bind with a squidgy feeling short of the lockout stop?

rondo101
    Free Member

It’s a pop loc.

MrFart
    Free Member

I was having a similar problem with mine which turned out to be poorly installed poploc cable.

rondo101
    Free Member

I’ve disassembled & reassembled the cable enough times to be happy that it’s properly installed. All the symptoms point to hydrolock.

Just had a read through the RS gumf & it appears there’s a 2 year warranty. Would this be covered?

rondo101
    Free Member

For anyone that’s interested, the issue was hydrolock caused by a faulty lockout. Repaired under warranty by Fishers (having sent the forks back to Merlin first).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Reba lock out problem’ is closed to new replies.