Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Rockshox Lyriks 2010
  • richc
    Free Member

Anyone know if the Lyrik Coil and/or the Lyrik Solo Air has a lock out? and if you can reduce the travel to 150?

richc
    Free Member

and a bump for the daytime people.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

mission control models have the floodgate to sort out the climbs

http://www.sram.com/_media/pdf/tuning_guides/missioncontrol_tuningguide_en.pdf

SRAM do a all travel spacer kit that can reduce the solo air travel (but tftuned are out of stock atm – give them a call)

richc
    Free Member

Doesn't seem clear if the new Mission Control DH has the lockout function or not though.

richc
    Free Member

anyone? or are they to new

matty-B
    Free Member

I was riding a bike with a set of Lyriks on this weekend. They had 2 – step, and a single compression adjustment, along with rebound on the bottom of the fork legs. Whilst probably not a specific lockout, the compression damping could be turned up to pretty much lock the fork out, which was possible whilst riding along, though the dial wasn’t that easy to adjust. I'd guess this would be possible on all RS dampers with the compression setting on the crowns.

However they didn’t have a floodgate setting though like my other RS forks with Motion Control, so there may not have been a blow off valve should you forget to turn it off and start banging the fork through stuff, which would probably knacker them.

soulrider
    Free Member

Get Coil U-turns.. then you can wind em down as low as 115mm if you really want..

and I think they all have the mission control to stiffen em up!

orange
    Free Member

from the sram website for the DH models

"We’ve taken the plush and bombproof design of Mission Control and traded out the floodgate for a high-flow compression piston to optimize descent oriented bump performance. High and low-speed compression and Dual Flow rebound controls are right at your fingertips because when you’re riding downhill, every second matters'.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Mission control dh only has high and low speed compression and rebound it has no floodgate settings.

For a lockout type feel you need the standard 160mm lyriks with mission control.

richc
    Free Member

cool that confirms what I had guessed. Thanks for the help

alpin
    Free Member

get 2-step. mine has the floodgate, but the fork stiffens up when at 115mm negating its use.

richc
    Free Member

Are the 2 steps reliable now though? as I really don't want to go through the hassle of sending stuff back every couple of months.

kamina
    Free Member

I got the Solo Air DH. You can change height using spacers, and never really used the lockout on my Pikes / Revelations. The floodgate limits the flow of oil even when it's turned off so you'll be compromising performance… I do think even the non DH models have the new rebound for 2010 though (I could be mistaken) so you will gain some of the added performance which ever way you go.

richc
    Free Member

cool

lyons
    Free Member

I have som 09 solo airs with mission contol etc for sale. In excellent condition. If you are interested email me at amb-electrical@hotmail.co.uk

si-wilson
    Free Member

richc, do you fancy Float 36's?

lyons
    Free Member

So, have you got any good deals on 32's?

si-wilson
    Free Member

who me? drop me an email for a chat.

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

I've just ordered some lyric u-turn DH's

No lockouts on there – that would be a bit odd on a fork with "DH" in the name 🙂 They're basically mini boxxers.

richc
    Free Member

Hi Si,

Still checking options. Basically trying to find a stiff 140->160mm fork which I can lockout for the climbs.

si-wilson
    Free Member

richc, not sure if i have given you a price before, but i have a few sets of Float 36's, mail me if you fancy.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

flowmtbguy.

Thought ALL the DH versions were fixed 170mm.Check what you have ordered.

The u-turn is 160mm mission control not DH

Unless you are not in the UK

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Lyriks 2010’ is closed to new replies.