Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Rocket Rons v Racing Ralphs
  • grtdkad
    Free Member

Considering buying some Rocket Rons. Does any one have any experience of how they compare to Racing Ralphs?

Suitability for conditions, speed, durability??

Thanks!

rexated
    Free Member

grippier, shed mud well, lighter, thinner sidewalls….

i’m happy riding a ron in the mud, whereas the ralph gets sketchy on the front. can’t tell if they are any draggier so must be pretty close. feel faster as i trust them more not to break away in corners.

grtdkad
    Free Member

Thanks Rex. So, RoRons are perhaps more of an allrounder than the Ralph? Closer to a light-weight Nic?

rexated
    Free Member

yep, not quite as grippy as a nic, but far quicker rolling. i’ve been using rons all winter on my xc bike with not a problem…..i wouldn’t try the mudfest that is currently devon on a racing ralph up front though 😯

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Rons are grippier and slower with thinner sidewalls.
    Not much difference in weight, but ralphs may be a tiny bit heavier.

Ron front, ralph rear is a good combo.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

i raced the ralphs last year in all but the worst conditions, good all-round tyre – never used the Ron but looks more like a ‘;summer’ tyre to me (could be wrong……probably am!)nnnn

mattp
    Free Member

ron front/ralph rear ftw very light if you go for the evo carcass but a bit too pourous for tubeless never tried the tubeless version but scwalbe tubeless tend to be a bit heavy duty

i use them in 2.25 for “summer time” the width makes them a bit sketchy for this time of year so i’m on nics at 1.8 currently

louisadams
    Free Member

how long do they tend to last, they are pretty expensive.

mattp
    Free Member

how long do they tend to last, they are pretty expensive.

i’ve been using the same pair throughout all of last year from march – november doing around 100 miles per week and it’s very gravelly and gritty around these parts with chalk and flint thrown in for good measure…

louisadams
    Free Member

so worth the money then. cheers mattp

gee
    Free Member

It depend which option you buy – the ‘performance’ ones last a lot longer than the ‘evo’ ones.

The sidewalls tend to go before the tread.

GB

grtdkad
    Free Member

Louisa check prices on OnOne before you buy!

louisadams
    Free Member

cheers grtdtkad, will do!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Rocket Rons v Racing Ralphs’ is closed to new replies.