Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rock Shox SID's, XX Or RCT3?
  • notmyrealname
    Free Member

I’m looking for some forks for my 29er but I’m unsure which to go for.

I’m looking at 100mm forks with tapered steerer and 15mm axle but can’t decide between the SID XX with Motion Control DNA damper or the SID RCT3. The bike’s used for XC riding and racing (badly!) and I often run it singlespeed.
    Would I be better off with the XX and the remote lockout for when I’m riding singlespeed or does the RCT3 damper help reduce bobbing when climbing out of the saddle?

LoCo
    Free Member

RCT3 damping is much better, threshold is a handy setting for dialling out bob.

adsh
    Free Member

Every suspension servicing company will tell you they hate remotes and I am now of the same opinion.

The cable operated ones need a new cable inner every time you unclamp/reclamp it on the fork top. The button gets crap in it and sticks, after a few cleanings it breaks. The new Sid cable button broke on me after 300racing miles. Add in that you’re probably too tired to use the thing and if you do you end up heading down a descent with the thing on locked out plus it’s only really of use on long climbs and it becomes less desirable. Good perhaps for long distance riding but not racing.

I’ve finally gone RCT3. Will attempt to dial out low speed bob and have a forget about it fork. Even if it doesn’t work I find (not running single speed) that I am out of the saddle a lot less when racing.

walla24
    Free Member

If it helps I have been obsessing about the same thing…going with the RCT3!

walla24
    Free Member

cheaper too 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rock Shox SID's, XX Or RCT3?’ is closed to new replies.