Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Rock Shox or Fox ?
  • rigid_carbon
    Free Member

Rock Shox or Fox ?

Either RS Reba RLT 29er 15mm Maxle OR Fox F29 RLC FIT 32 15mm Maxle ?

Help ? – For riding xc with nothing too ‘hardcore’

Thanks.

LoCo
    Free Member

😯

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Rock shox for the home mechanic and serviceability.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Rock shox SID RCT3.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve got Reba RL’s on my 29er and they’re good.

eshershore
    Free Member

neilsonwheels – Member

Rock shox for the home mechanic and serviceability.

absolutely no difference in doing a “lowers” service between RS and Fox, either for home mechanics or professional bike mechanics

damper servicing on RS or FOX is not different either, in terms of technical ability 😉

LoCo
    Free Member

As above really the Rockshox are easier for the home mechanic to carry out a full service on where as the Fox FIT damper needs to be serviced by someone who knows what they’re doing and has the correct tools. You can do all the servicing on the fox yourself and send the FIT damper away for a full service for around £40.
    The performance of the two will be inline with the difference in the prices of the two forks.

TimCotic
    Free Member

Lot of folks like the way Fox ride and say they’re fine, but me and my brother have had reliability problems with 3 pairs.
    I had a Vanilla 32 which had a catastrophic leak after just over a year’s use. I’d washed and wiped the stanchions after every ride but when I sent it to mojo they said I had not done maintenance and the stanchions were damaaged beyond repair inside the sliders. They refused a warranty repair.I scrapped it and bought a new Rockshox Rev which was fine until both our bikes got stolen.
    We then got a pair of built-up Oranges which had Fox Floats on them. After 13 months riding, exactly the same thing happened (first to my fork and then the same to my brother’s fork about 2 weeks later) In both cases warrantly repairs were refused. We scrapped both forks and bought Rockshox.
    That was March 09. It may be that Fox have improved their seals since then (I wouldn’t know). I do know we’ve never had problems with RockShox Rebas or Revs.

goatster
    Free Member

Timcotic, Fox have a 12month warranty. If you had done lowers servicing every 6 weeks or so you would see the wear on the stanchions inside 12 months. Not saying Mojo would have warranted them even so, they did for me but I was the workshop manager at LBS at the time, outside 12 months – no chance. RE have a standard 2 year warranty, but lack of servicing will invalidate it regardless. RS do seem to last longer though. T

cookeaa

Manitou FTW… Honest.

renosport
    Free Member

rang tft tuning about upgrading a fox 32 rl to a fit system, and they said not too bother as the seals keep leaking, and his words were the fox 32 rl is the best they do!
    also i run a rock shock team sid which is excellent, but req lower leg looking after or they wont last long, and if a stanchion wears basically its not cost effective to repair unlike the fox.

rigid_carbon
    Free Member

I’ve had coil revs on one of my bikes now for
    two years and they haven’t missed a beat. I have
    never owned fox forks and fancy a try.

But only seem to find problems when searching
    on the web, and never anyone saying how great
    they are.

I think rebas are in the lead.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Rock Shox or Fox ?’ is closed to new replies.