Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Rock Razor's Front ?
  • beano68
    Free Member

Anyone ever ran the Razor’s Front in conjunction with Rr rear ?

Ta

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’ve just taken a perfectly good Rock Razer off the back because of its poor braking characteristics. I can’t imagine it would be any better than a continental Vertical on the front! Great for miles in dry loam in straight lines, but fairly limited IMO. YMMV.

njee20
    Free Member

I run Thunder Burts both ends in the dry, as long as you understand their limitations (chief among them being their tendancy to break away under braking) then they’re good. That said, the Rock Razor isn’t anywhere near as light as the Burt, and if you’re riding a bike where you’re choosing tyres like the Rock Razor I’d have something knobblier on the front.

beano68
    Free Member

Been using the RR on the rear for bout 6 weeks now and at 1st it was a bit sketchy more so in the wet but now that I’ve used it loads I’ve sort off learned how to use it and I find its a cracking tyre as long as I’d say 90% of the braking is done before going into a corner and lean it far over once your in.

You’ve got to be very committed using this tyre.

I_Ache
    Free Member

They are great on the back but I think it would be madness to put one on the front.

I don’t find the RR that bad for braking on the back and as long as you lean it over it corners plenty well enough.

beano68
    Free Member

Running HD front at the mo, I was just wondering what it would be like running another RR up front or maybe something similar instead.

Thanks anyway

Northwind

Sounds like certain death. If it’s 26 inch non supergravity, I’ll buy it off your widow, if you like?

beano68
    Free Member

Na 29er 🙂

deviant
    Free Member

As per scienceofficer, I took my Rock Razor off the back as it had virtually no grip under braking.
    Admittedly this was on a steep freshly cut DH course but conditions were dry and had been for some weeks, I would imagine it’s a great/fast rear tyre at somewhere like BPW where the Blue runs are hard pack and like riding on pavement during the summer.

Got an Ardent on there now and things are much better.

beano68
    Free Member

Used it in Thrunton Woods last week for the 1st time and I was surprised considering the conditions that my timings was a lot quicker and a few top 10 places on according to stravaaaaaaaaaaa.

Few dodgy moments like but I’m shite on DH anyway but certainly made an enjoyable ride

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Totally agree with deviant. Loose vert, just where I wanted grip, there was none. I have some unfounded concerns about its durability as a low pressure tubeless tyre in the chunk too. Not much tread between the carcass and the ground.

Fast tyre though, and acceptable cornering grip. Thumbs up for general dry trails.

bigrich

the side knobs fall off fairly easily, no good for leaning

beano68
    Free Member

Ahhhh … I’ve survived this long so I’ll just stick with the HD upfront 🙂

Cheers All

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Rock Razor's Front ?’ is closed to new replies.