Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Roadrat mudguards – (technical ninja content)
  • crustypaulus
    Free Member

I've got a Mk 1 Roadrat frame, which has no bridge or mudguard mount on the chainstays. Last winter I sawed off my back mudguard just above the front mech band and just fixed it with a zip tie – it kind of worked but looked dog ugly and I think the last 150mm of mudguard would have come in handy.

Anyone got round this problem in a cunning way? Any kind of retro-mounted chainstay bridge thingy out there?

I've got some nice new SKS guards but don't want to hack them apart just yet!

Paul

jackthedog
    Free Member

Some guards come with a fitting to be used on frames that are without seatstay bridge. I assume your SKS ones dont.

There was a bodge thread on here recently where somebody had posted a picture of a reflector bracket attatched to the seatube below the front mech, and the guard was bolted to that. Looked fairly tidy.

crustypaulus
    Free Member

Excellent! that's just what I'm after! I've emailed the Master for advice. If anyone can better that I'd love to see it….

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I had this problem too. I solved it with a long bolt you can just see in this pic. The guard is locked on with a couple of nuts

Bigger here

IMG_2965

crustypaulus
    Free Member

Peter, Many thanks. Cy from Cotic also got back to me straight away with this:

There is a mounting point on your RoadRat, it's just not obvious!
    There an M5 threaded hole in the BB shell between the chainstays. You
    can use this to mount the bottom of the mudguard using a long M5 bolt
    and a bunch of washers.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Cy

Hope this helps anyone else out there!

Paul

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yeah, that's exactly what I did 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Roadrat mudguards – (technical ninja content)’ is closed to new replies.