Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • roadie magazines…rouleur?
  • headfirst
    Free Member

I’ve just cancelled my subscription to Cycling Plus, I’ve been getting it for a couple of years now and the articles tend to be repeating themselves a bit (eg. ‘getting through winter’) and I’ve gone off full-on road-riding in favour of road-touring (joining the CTC when my broken wrist is back to full working order) and mountain-biking. I’m a long-term subscriber to Singletrack.

Now I know the CTC mag will cover my touring interests, but do like to keep an eye on the pro road racing – the Classics and the 3 big stage races – but procycling mag seems a bit ‘full-on’…so I’m thinking about Rouleur mag, but I’m slightly put off by the price tag and a bit worried it’s a bit too pretentious…your thoughts please! And do they do any new subscriber deals (none on their website)?

FuzzyWuzzy

Procycling seems pretty good to me, OK you get a lot of coverage of minor pro races but there’s also a lot of good rider background and historical race stuff + the coverage of the big races is very good.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Cycle Sport I like or Procycling.

LardLover
    Free Member

Now I know the CTC mag will cover my touring interests, but do like to keep an eye on the pro road racing – the Classics and the 3 big stage races – but procycling mag seems a bit ‘full-on’…so I’m thinking about Rouleur mag, but I’m slightly put off by the price tag and a bit worried it’s a bit too pretentious…your thoughts please! And do they do any new subscriber deals (none on their website)?

Rouleur won’t tick any of those boxes headfirst. I wouldn’t call it pretentious.
    If it’s race coverage you’re after then it’s Procycing or Cycle Sport.

Have a look at Peloton (available through WHSmiths).

JoB
    Free Member

ProCycling and Rouleur are the only cycling mags that i haven’t managed to finish reading before the next one turns up with articles that are a proper sit-down read rather than skip through

and if you compare cover price to the of editorial/advertising ratio Rouleur isn’t much more expensive page for page than any other magazine

Peloton and Paved are some new titles from the States that are worth a look for something different

headfirst
    Free Member

Cheers for your thoughts. Thinking about it I did enjoy procycling’s Jens Voigt issue that I bought. Probably best if I try a few different ones out before committing to a subscription…

Gary_M
    Free Member

Rouleur isn’t about the race scene so it won’t give you what you want, great mag though. I really like pro cycling and it is a very good read.

Good to know Peleton now available in wh smith, must have a look next time I’m in.

headfirst
    Free Member

Is rouleur available in shops?

Answer: yes, only in bike shops, none near me for a sneaky read… 😐

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘roadie magazines…rouleur?’ is closed to new replies.