Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Road Campagnolo/Shimano
  • 1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

I think i’ve finally sorted what frame I want but was wondering wether to go with Campag over Shimano. My main reason for Campag is the levers seem better for my little hands 😳 But I haven’t used Campag in years and was looking at the Veloce or maybe Athena. So how do the lower end groups compare to Shimano’s?

donsimon
    Free Member

I’ve got 12 year old Veloce and love it. Changed the brake shoes in the winter and that’s the first bit of fettling, still with the original levers, chain wheels and cassette. Oops, forgot, the chain has been changed.
    And it gets ridden, nearly 200km this weekend and most weekends.

brooess
    Free Member

I have Veloce on my winter bike and it’s certainly less clunky than 2005 Shim 105.

vdubber67
    Free Member

Put a lot of miles on a 2009 (mainly) Veloce groupset, and it’s great. No probs at all.

druidh
    Free Member

Small hands/reach is the only logical reason for choosing Campag over Shimano.

mrmo
    Free Member

Small hands/reach is the only logical reason for choosing Campag over Shimano.

it looks far nicer. Shimano have never had the aesthetics sorted and as we know bikes are for looking at, certainly not riding.

aracer
    Free Member

Small hands/reach is the only logical reason for choosing Campag over Shimano

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Road Campagnolo/Shimano’ is closed to new replies.