Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Riser bars on a 29er?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Is that a no-no?

Noticed that most 29ers have flat bars

ton

i always run risers on mine.

FuzzyWuzzy

Mostly 29ers have high front ends so a riser bar wouldn’t be needed for a lot of people, no reason not to fit one if needed though (excepting the old spacers/stem angle vs risers argument)

Clobber
    Free Member

Hey Ton, what bars did you settle on that suited your wrists?

scud
    Free Member

I have 10mm rise 711 mm wide Easton Haven carbon bars on mine, which i really like

CheesybeanZ

I have 10mm rise 711 mm wide Easton Haven carbon bars on mine, which i really like

i have exactly the same on my paradox , tried niner flat tops first and it did’nt feel right , it’s a personal fit/feel thing .

druidh
    Free Member

I currently have risers on mine – but that’s just because they were on the bike which I sold to provide the parts. I’ve considered flats but just seeing how I get on with these first.

bol

I’ve got Easton Haven low risers on my FS and EC70 wide flat bars on my hardtail. It’s all about getting the position right, and enough weight over the front, and flat bars on a bike I will occasionally race seemed to make sense. I think Risers look better though.

mos

2″ azonics on my 21″ scandal, but thats probably because On One head tubes are so short.

ocrider

Sunline V1 flat bar, simply cos they’re cheap on CRC at the mo’ and I wanted to keep the front end lowish: 18″ scandal, I’m 6’1 and the seat is barely higher than the bars at that.

clubber
    Free Member

Just depends. My 29er has flat bars, a negative rise stem and as short a headset as possible because that’s the only way to get the bars to the right height for me with the head tube length and length of forks I have.

uwe-r
    Free Member

Link

Check that for an interesting 29er riser bar set up

TooTall
    Free Member

Risers on both of mine. Flatter bars are more evident as front ends get higher (bigger wheels, more suspension etc) and people don’t want to ride choppers. If that isn’t a problem, ride what is good for you.

MrTall
    Free Member

Risers on most of mine, Nukeproof low rise on 2 (cut to 740mm), Sunline V1 745mm on another and my very little used Inbred SS has Nukeproof flat bars (but a fair few spacers under the stem).

My saddle if almost certainly higher than most riders though so risers are a good option for me as the bars are still always lower than the seat. Shorter riders may prefer flat bars to keep the front end lower (Clubber excepted) but as with anything like this, there’s no accounting for personal choice.

One thing i do hate about flat bars is the pain of turning them upside down for trailside maintenance etc, risers provide a nice stable platform and you don’t scuff your stem or brake/shift levers.

ton

Clobber, i got a pair of Answer pro taper carbon things.
    seem to fit my deformed wrists ok so far.

clubber
    Free Member

How regularly do you have to do trailside maintenance for that to be an issue! 🙂

MrTall
    Free Member

Well with punctures more often than i’d like…..

Plus just putting the wheel in etc when getting the bike in and out of the car is made far easier with risers. My SS always wobbled over.

1st world problems and all that 😉

Chainline
    Free Member

I have Easton Havoc carbon lo riser but I’d like a 750-760mm carbon flat bar. Can’t find one ;-(

740mm widest I’ve found. 3T. I know their are alloy ones….

takisawa2

I used Easton carbon low risers, & they were fine, but now have some 711mm Niner flat tops & they are abut as perfect a bar set-up as I’ve ever had. I bought some Sunline 762mm’s but they just felt daft. Fancy some carbon Niner Flat-Tops but the £150 price tag is a bit OTT. 😯

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Easton Haven lo rise on one.
    Funn low rise on the other.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Riser bars on a 29er?’ is closed to new replies.