Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Ripped off at Innerleithan
  • thegman67

Was at the uplift on Sunday and feel I have to get on my soap box about food prices at this trail centre. We had two cheese burgers,one cheese burger with bacon,two 10oz coffees(small) and slice of Johnstones Carmel shortcake £14.50 this is a total rip off, I would also like to make everyone aware that I also do event catering with my snack bars and the FC is one of the cheaper places to site a van

rs
    Free Member

should have brought a packed lunch then

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Burgers £3 each
    Coffees £2 each
    Cake £1.50

You got warm food and drink, without cooking yourself.

Hardly a rip off 🙄

alexxx
    Free Member

If its too rich for your pocket don’t buy it?

cynic-al
    Free Member

6 items <£15 outdoors?

Get a grip!

Should be a good thread for teh pwning

Northwind

This must be some weird performance art thing

AlasdairMc

Is this your idea of a shameless plug?

They charge what people will pay, clearly that’s working alright for them.

The cafe in Innerleithen itself is great though, good food at good prices

druidh
    Free Member

Maybe we’re supposed to respond by asking what event catering company he runs?

nonk
    Free Member

the angry ones are always easy to extract money from.

i remember an old boy i used to work for telling me this when i was just a lad. it’s right.

aracer
    Free Member

I’m confused. When I think something is a rip off I keep my money in my wallet.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Yep, agree with above, you have a choice whinger. Next time take food with you and/or pick it up on route. All DH routes exit into the car park, where your car is parked presumably and the uplift coach waits. There’s plenty of time to go and grab some of your own food and drink.

13thfloormonk

I feel like I’m falling for some trick just by responding.

Do you think he secretly OWNS the catering van in question, and is hoping for everyone to rally around the van and talk about all the good times they’ve had, buying reasonably priced food from it?

speaker2animals

Not cheap but typical of buying these sorts of items when you are out for the day. Road side vans in laybys are cheaper but I reckon that you’d struggle to go anywhere and find this stuff cheaper in a lot of places.

Never been but from what I am told you should try to but food/drink at a cup game at Wembley.

druidh
    Free Member

13thfloormonk – Member
    I feel like I’m falling for some trick just by responding.

Do you think he secretly OWNS the catering van in question, and is hoping for everyone to rally around the van and talk about all the good times they’ve had, buying reasonably priced food from it?

Should we start a Facebook petition – Save the Innerleithan(sic) Van?

13thfloormonk

Nah, its past that stage, we’ll need to take more direct action, maybe hang some banners off the chairlift? (that is happening isn’t it? I forget..)

jamesca
    Free Member

my god are you the tightest man on earth?

bol

Ever been to Costa Coffee?

Thought not.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Come to Ireland and you’ll see what rip-off means. A sausage roll (child size) and a filter coffee – 5 Euro.

Bagstard
    Free Member

You shouldn’t be eating such filth whilst riding anyway! Everybody know’s you need scotch or macaroni pies from the bakers to ride DH!

onandon
    Free Member

FFS – look at the prices before your order if price is an issue.

bruneep

Come to Ireland and you’ll see what rip-off means. A sausage roll (child size) and a filter coffee – 5 Euro.

Hardly a rip off getting a metre long sausage roll and coffee for 5 euro

maxray
    Free Member

Hardly a rip off getting a metre long sausage roll and coffee for 5 euro

😆 class.

Drac

/applauds Bruneep. 😆

allthepies
    Free Member

Are you Scotch ?

boxelder

How much did you pay to have someone drive you up the hill repeatedly?
    Rip off – I got a bus into town the other day for £3.65

Woody
    Free Member

Are you Scotch ?

Packed lunch and a flask FTW

signed an Aberdonian 😉

What are your snack bars then gman67. They must be quite something if that’s all you sell!

thegman67

Burgers £3.50 each,Bacon Burger £4.00,coffee £1.00,cake £1.50 and I did bring a packed lunch this is what my friends purchased.

markenduro
    Free Member

Ask your mum for an increase in your pocket money

Tiger6791

bol – Member

Ever been to Costa CoffeeFortune?

Thought not

Fixed it for ya 😉

rOcKeTdOg

cheese sarnies and a flask of tea for the win plus…

RustyMac

Food price seems reasonable to me. Can’t wait till the next time you go to the cinema, a rugby match, a concert or even a petrol station for a sandwich. Lord help us all then.

hels
    Free Member

Whatever you do, don’t go to the rugby at Murrayfield then. £4 for a plastic bottle of cider. And the band outside at the bar kept playing through the minute of silence for the earthquake, but thats another complaint.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

If you didnt buy anything how can you possibly have been ripped off?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

We had two cheese burgers,one cheese burger with bacon,two 10oz coffees(small) and slice of Johnstones Carmel shortcake £14.50 this is a total rip off, I would also like to make everyone aware that I also do event catering with my snack bars and the FC is one of the cheaper places to site a van

You were at Innerleithen mountain biking I presume? Why the hell would you even consider eating burgers and cakes when you’re undertaking such a mentally and physically demanding sport?

People complain that mountain biking doesnt get taken seriously and misses the media coverage it deserves – its burger munching, baggy shorts wearing biffers like your mates who arent helping matters.

I hate to think what sort of food you stock at your “snack bar”

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

davidtaylforth 😕 ^ MTB held back as a sport, due to kids eating habits and fashion, shocker.

Diane
    Free Member

Not bad prices really and think about it – he has to get there with his ‘canteen van thingy’ and only has you lot as potential customers for the day.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

how much was the uplift? How much did it cost to get to Inners? How much is your (or your mates) bike worth?

Was your mate happy to pay the prices, or does he just buy stuff without reading the price list?

as a troll, 4/10.

Woody
    Free Member

People complain that mountain biking doesnt get taken seriously and misses the media coverage it deserves – its burger munching, baggy shorts wearing biffers like your mates who arent helping matters.

….as opposed to the finely toned healthy eating lycra brigade…..

traildog
    Free Member

I guess you don’t get out much. 14.50 for all that sounds very reasonable.
    Btw. Burgers don’t have to be junk food – quality beef costs though.

takisawa2

Woody, who gave you permission to use my pic ?
    I want royalties. £14.50 should cover it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Ripped off at Innerleithan’ is closed to new replies.