Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • RIP Top Gear?
  • GrahamS

Also the perpetual references to James May being gay are getting fairly boring and quite offensive.

Eh?? What references? I think I must be watching a different show. 😯

Maybe I need to turn my offence-o-meter up a bit.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Actually, screw it, in the main, it's just a really shit stale show. Saying it's this-o-phobic, that-o-phobic is a bit deep…and "deep" isn't a word we ever want to use with Top Gear. Because in reality, you don't even have to scratch the surface to see how shit it's become.

sparkingchains
    Free Member

Probably makes far too much money to go off air at the mo

Big-Dave
    Free Member

All good things have to come to an end at some point and I think that the Top Gear team have struggled to come up with the sort of ideas they used to in the last couple of series. The budget cuts they have had to deal with can't have helped. When you consider that Top Gear is a big earner for the BBC overseas cutting the budgets was a pretty stupid idea as the Beeb must get a decent return from the program.

I suspect that at some point in the near future James May will wander off to do more of his own style of TV shows(which are usually very good) as will Richard Hammond. Jeremy Clarkson has tried to diversify in the past and largely failed. I suspect he could probably afford to semi retire and just churn out the odd juvenile DVD from time to time.

I like Top Gear; its one of the few shows on telly where the presenters aren't afraid to be politically incorrect and offend a few people. We need a few more people being stupid and generally speaking their mind on telly. I shall miss it when its gone.

Gary_C

There were three good motoring programmes on the box last night/early hours of this morning.
    BBC4,documentary about Jackie Stewart,followed by one on Graham Hill,followed by one on Jim Clark.All good,but why the **** put them on a)BBC4?, b)At such a late hour?

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I think that this current series has been shit… blunt but true.. some great cars featured.. but them bloody antics are starting to get coronation street like… (I start thinking about leaving the room).. this sundays car art was jusy pants… utter pants..

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Let's bluddy hope so!!!
    Everytime I walk in the living room it's on…either MrFC or my 8yr old son. 😕

duntmatter
    Free Member

Just getting rid of the current presenters would be a major improvement.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘RIP Top Gear?’ is closed to new replies.