Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • RIP Houndkirk road
  • fattatlasses
    Free Member

oh and Sheffield / Derbyshire have recently been complaining they don’t have enough budget to fix proper roads so it makes no sense at all to resurface houndkirk just to use up money

As a Sheffield Council tax payer, this is what p****s me right off – the normal roads are completely sha**ed, but then they find money to spend on this S**T! I wonder how many tens or hundreds of thousands this has cost them…..oh, sorry US! 👿

Pete.Crawforth
    Free Member

are they planning on resurfacing the whole path all the way to fox house?

this is a complete joke.

thepodge
    Free Member

no, just 400 yards.

that press release / comment / whatever is pretty much “we don’t give a toss what you think”. not good but I’m sure Ride Sheffield will give them an ear bashing for it.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Why, it was crap and boring to ride anyway? Either wet, muddy or sandy depending on the time of year.

The ‘fun’ way was to come up Potters Clough, allong the road, then go right in the village and ride to the top of the hill. Allong the (cheeky) ‘footpaths’ though the heather/access land, decend through the woods, turn right through the ‘car park’ allong the little bit of houndkirk road through the gate then left down the singletrack (or the muddy bridleway).

Only ever ridden it end to end with newbies as it ends near a pub and makes a short easy ride to Blaka Moor.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘RIP Houndkirk road’ is closed to new replies.