Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Rigid MTB forks
  • IamSam
    Free Member

Ok then the fat slick tyres have been purchased, the baggy shorts have been put in the kit bag at the top of the wardrobe and the visor has been removed from my helmet.

I was hoping for some advice on rigid MTB forks what’s out there for running my hard tail mainly as a bastardised road machine. Links would be good people.

TAA

wwaswas

I’ve run white bros and pace carbon forks on an mtb on the road plus P2’s and some other steel ones.

Personally I’d go for the carbon ones – they’re lighter and a bit mor ecomfortable. They are a bit ‘twangy’ under braking though.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

depends how much you want to spend – I’ve got a set of Exotic alu forks, link which I’ve had for 3 months. Nice and light, and very good value (either alu or carbon versions).

MSP

kona p2 fork if you don’t want to go carbon, and don’t want some clumpy fake suspension looking piece of tat (ie those on one things).

letmetalktomark

Salsa Cromoto here.

Excellent fork both on and off road.

the-muffin-man

Exotic forks – look great and great value too…

http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&t=2

braylee8
    Free Member

The Pro Carbon ones Merlin are selling at the ‘mo are just dandy.
    I’m sure they’re just a rip-off of the exotic, white brothers ones.
    but they work very well with my Sanderson SS.

PJay
    Free Member

Orange F8s for me. I don’t think that they look quite as good as straight forks (On-One Superlights for example) but they certainly do the job. Disc only and 450mm a-c.

clubber
    Free Member

Another vote for the exotic/carboncycles.cc ones – exactly the same less the stickers as some much more expensive ones.

freeandsingle
    Free Member

I had this dilemma a few weeks ago, then I saw a link for Pipedream Infinity forks: nice long length (110mm-ish equivalent), straight legs, no canti mounts, under £50 whatmoredoyouwant? 🙂

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pipedream-Cycles/131226129024

StumpyBlurRider
    Free Member

Dmr olly wilkins fork £110

thepodge
    Free Member

Looks like you could get 29s and 700c in the Pipedream forks too

bigyinn
    Free Member

On-One rigid disc only forks here, £50 delivered.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Forks seem awful heavy these days, IIRC back in the day unicrowns even on Rockhoppers etc were no where close to 1.1kg!

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Those alu exotic ones weigh 925g, with uncut steerer. Oh, and the stickers they come with peel off easily – stealth is the way forward!

julianwilson
    Free Member

somthing you can put proper mudguards on. The difference between a rainy day on full sks and the same sort of day on crudcatchers is great!

spindi
    Free Member

Pace RC45 here for the moment. Nice and twangy, pretty light though getting hard to find.

nunuboogie
    Free Member

lright Sam I have a lovely carbon pace fork on my singlespeed but for a commuter I’d search eBay for some kona project 2 forks, should be able to pick up a bargain.

Northwind

Exotic carbon are the obvious choice- cheap and effective. I’ve been using mine a lot recently- finally built up a full-time rigid mtb rather than just using them in my Soul- and I love it. Then again, I’m old so rigid mtbs just seem right.

IamSam
    Free Member

Reet ho. Thanks for all the advice on this, I ended up going for the pipedream infinity forks as I could get them in white, which is very important. fitted them over the weekend and tried them out today for the first time. Good god does the bike fly now. massive 2.3 big apple slicks and removal of the old Tora pogo stick have transformed the bike and allowed the frame to shine through really really happy with it and my self.

thanks you all and that is all…………………..

Sam

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Rigid MTB forks’ is closed to new replies.