• This topic has 12 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by DSB.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • rigid fork for a ti456…what length..
  • DSB
    Free Member

hi guys, sorry if this has been done to death b4, but if wanting to put a rigid fork on a ti456, what length fork should i get? planning on keeping a 26"wheel in …choices of 42.5, 44.5, 46.5…and am thinking 44.5 …would this be correct? or with the geo of a 456 would i need a 46.5?
    TIA…and have done the searches, even rung on-one and still no answers

😀

clubber
    Free Member

440ish. 465 is for a 29er

nuke

and am thinking 44.5 …would this be correct?

yep

DSB
    Free Member

blimey..that was quick…many thanks guys 😀

Big-Pete
    Free Member

440 is equal to a 4" suss forked with sag. A better option is a 26 carbon fork with a 29 wheel which lifts the front 1.5" and rolls much better over rough stuff and slackens the head angle a bit.

DSB
    Free Member

thanks for that big pete… sorry for a daft question…does the 29 wheel just go straight in? ie no fidling with brakes etc…if so might give that a go as have a 29" front wheel just sat there doin nowt 😀

nuke

Hmmm, I have a 29er wheel with bonty acx tyre and a set of 440mm rc31s: be back in a minute…

…about 45mm clearance still between tyre and crown. Should work very nicely.

DSB
    Free Member

not so lucky here…forgot mine was a 20mm bolt thru..doh 😆

so next question.. where best to get a carbon fork as everywhere seems to be out of stock 🙁

clubber
    Free Member

Exotic? Good and cheap.

yunki
    Free Member

as on-one keep telling me when i email them.. they are expecting swock delivery in vast quantities tomorrow… whether this means carbon forks too I couldn't tell you…

vinnyeh

Exotic forks. Cheap, though seem to have gone up in price lately.

Big-Pete
    Free Member

DSB
    Free Member

when i rung on-one t'other day they said they wont be gettin any more carbon forks in….unless that was a cunnin plan to make me buy the ones with canti brake adaptors on too

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘rigid fork for a ti456…what length..’ is closed to new replies.