Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Right p####d off!!! Thieving cockroach
  • dazz
    Free Member

I bought something from another website & after speaking to the seller on the phone a few times we agreed a deal, anyway I agreed to do a bank transfer on Monday (only £20) soon aferwards he sent a message saying he’d posted the item, all good so far,I noticed today that he still had it listed on the same site. So I messaged him from another email address asking if he still had it. He replied yes, sent me the same pictures I’d already seen, many mails later he’s sent me his address & agreed a time for me to go round & view. This is a 170 mile round trip for me (on the plus side it’s not far from FOD) but I’m so tempted to go round & sort it, wee & bombers stylee, or should I just put it down to experience?

Before anyone else says it, I know it’s all my own stupidity, I’m normally so carefull, but as I said I spoke to him on the phone, home & mobile so decided to take the chance.

Pook

I’d take the round trip.

nickjb
    Free Member

Post a warning on the other site if you can then forget it. Not worth the hassle

CountZero

Pwned!

Sandwich

Pack your bombers too.

Zoolander
    Free Member

I’d not bother for twenty quid to be honest. Far more hassle than its worth. I’d be tempted to spend a further fiver on postage to send the bloke a turd in a box though.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Forget it and move on. Not worth losing sleep over.

Pigface
    Free Member

Stick him on the mailing list for anything and everything.

dazz
    Free Member

loving your way of thinking Zoolander

compositepro
    Free Member

ring the local crimestoppers and tell them theres a smell of weed coming from that address ,you probably wont get to see the outcome

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yup, get the cops involved, he’s a criminal.

GDRS

Are you sure he’s given you his actual adress? Fraudsters tend not to……

dazz
    Free Member

100% sure, he expected me tonight then sent a text asking why I hadn’t been

Scamper
    Free Member

Not worth the trip. However, i’d come clean to him and make it quite clear you know where he lives. So he will hopefully at least feel a tad uncomfortable.

kimbers

i reckon he wants a pizza right now,stuffed crust

and some garlic bread
    and maybe some chicken wings
    http://www.dominospizzafleet.co.uk/

cozz
    Free Member

is it possible he has more than one of these items ?

dazz
    Free Member

definately not, the damage/missing parts are quite specific & exactly the same on both.

elliott-20
    Free Member

Go to the bathroom cupboard and slap on a few drops of man, pick up the phone and firmly tell him he’s just been owned. £20 ain’t worth a round trip for but you be spending an few days kicking your own backside if you do nothing.

bugcab
    Free Member

Where does he live? Surely it’s less than 175 miles for someone here. Alternatively report to police. Be aware that you must insist that is a fraud rather than simply failing to supply goods. When he refuses to hand over the goods to you or your agent that is a civil matter and police unlikely to get involved but if he tries to sell the same item to another when he has already conned you in to paying it becomes a fraud. This is a criminal and not civil matter so the police must act.

Muke
    Free Member

is it possible he has more than one of these items ?

I had this once with a rare camera lens on Ebay, I was a bit alarmed to see it was relisted after I had paid for it and so contacted the seller, turns out he did have two identical lenses.

But maybe not so lucky for you though…

definately not, the damage/missing parts are quite specific & exactly the same on both.

takisawa2

Where in the country is it then…?

redthunder
    Free Member

Dont forget the wheelie bin and turf.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’d be tempted to spend a further fiver on postage to send the bloke a turd in a box though.

Although if you forget to put a stamp on he will have to pay the postage plus an extra £1 for admin and go to the sorting office to collect it.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Forget it.

kimbers haha

deadslow

+1 thegreatape……….liking your style. Don’t get mad..get even

deadslow

Here you are there is even a website Revenge Supermarket

globalti
    Free Member

I don’t think you are doing yourself any favours. Instead of coming on here and moaning, why don’t you write him a short and simple letter explaining that he owes you the goods or £20 and send it to him by registered post? A letter carries more weight than a phone call, text or email. Tell him that if he doesn’t resolve the matter to your satisfaction you will inform his local Police (ring and find out the name and station address of his nearest fraud officer and name them in the letter) explaining that you’ve nothing to lose but suspect he won’t welcome a visit from a constable.

If crap parking companies can bully drivers into paying bogus “fines” for parking on private land you ought to be able to intimidate him into returning your £20, you really need to MTFU over this.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

maybe just me but..
    If you know the address, you should eb able to find it on Google Stretview.
    take a screenshot.
    email him it, indicating that taking money with no intention of sending the goods is theft and the police will be informed if the goods aren’t in your hand in 24 hours – no further communication on the subject
    print off the proof of payment along with the address and pass this to the police – don’t bother waiting 24 hours
    post on this other website what you have done – perferably in a thread relating to the advert.
    contact your bank – tell them what’s happened, tell them you beleive the guy is a serial fraudster and the police have been informed – will they help?

dazz
    Free Member

Globalti, who said I was moaning? I’m sorry if it came across that way I didn’t mean it to & who are you to tell me to MTFU? You don’t know me or anything about me, in the future I’d suggest you keep stupid comments to yourself

All sorted now, he was quite apologetic when I knocked his door this morning, saying he’d meant to post it, problems at home, etc & he was going to do it today, yeah right. I’m sat at home now a bit happier in the knowledge that turds cost considerably less than £5 to post.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Ring him up and ask where are the goods?

Record the conversation.

If he refuses, then name and shame.

If true, then he is a con artist.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Right p####d off!!! Thieving cockroach’ is closed to new replies.