Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • "Right I'm having him" – commute racing content
  • D0NK

I was a few metres behind approaching fast, he turned saw me and put the power down, I just had to chase. Usual story only this time it was a deer. Pootling down some singletrack, came round a corner and saw him, he took off but with a fence on one side and a steep bank full of trees/bushes on the other he could only follow the trail. I got out of the saddle and sprinted after him, chased for about 30seconds before a break in the trees and he was gone.

Fantastic!

samuri
    Free Member

All I get to see is loads of rabbits

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I’m always chasing after old dears in Manchester.

kimbers

I thought it was gonna end with

pulling up along side him I kept from my bike , sunk my teeth an nails into its flank brought it down got my teeth around it throat
    after having my fill I tore it in 2 taking half of it back for later on

leaving only the back half of it lying across the trail……

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

I had this during a descent on one of our local tracks, however I caught it and started to overtake, very strange being side by side going flat out with a deer. suddenly though I did think ‘what happens if it decides to go cross the hill and cut me up’ so I eased off and seconds later it did exactly that, just missing me.

On another evening one jumped out of the hedge and into my mates front wheel, bouncing of him and whilst I let off a girly scream (it was dark and happened quickly 😳 )it ran into my hand, bounced off and ran down the track, luckily we were going uphill of it all happened at slow speeds.

rOcKeTdOg

i ran over a squirrel once on my road bike, little fella dusted himself off and bounced away….while i hauled myself out of the roadside ditch

also chased a hare…no contest he was mega fast!

Bregante

GlitterGary – Member

Here by any chance Gary?

GlitterGary
    Free Member

The very same place! 😆

Tiger6791

Red Kite about 5-10 metres up and in front of me while blatting down a Welsh hillside.

Was speechless when I got the bottom, possibly the most awestruck I’ve ever been. Amazing creatures and massive!

D0NK

See plenty of rabbits, squirrels and one fox. Have seen deer on my commute before but not in that area and never so close.

Edit, Jackass it doesn’t have to be sommat big like a deer I seem to remember a squirrel jumping into a guys front disk rotor throwing him OTB he had a pic of the remaing squirrel wrapped round the disc (sure it’s on someones flickr account)

molgrips
    Free Member

Fledgling owl once, clearly just learning to fly. He had trouble staying infront of me.

Just last night I kept pace with a crow at about 35kph. I don’t think he was going flat out though 🙂

I seem top remember a squirrel jumping into a guys front disk rotor throwing him OTB

Was that the chap who posted pictures of him picking bits of mashed animal out of his forks?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Chased an owl about 2′ from my head in some woods on a night ride once. also raced a hare on the SDW, rather distracting at the time too!

KT1973
    Free Member

A fox jumped out in front of me when I was going full pelt for a couple of hundred yards. Fairly rapid (or should that be rabid?) little blighter

z1ppy

Seem to chase young badgers regularly, they just won’t turn off the singletrack into the bushes. Also did the same with a dog, I knew his house was at the end of the track, so had no issues chasing him back home. What I didn’t see was his owners in the 6 high ferns/bracken along side the track…

psychle
    Free Member

Seem to chase young badgers regularly

Should you be admitting to that on a public forum?? 😯 😯

2orangey4crows

Similar to bigyinn… Riding through the wooded singletrack at Kirroughtree an owl flew a couple of feet over my head and followed the trail for 20m or so before ducking into the trees. Awesome.

hammy7272
    Free Member

My mate whilst powering down at Dalby had to slam on as a massive Stag ran across the trail. He said the horns and rippling muscle is still etched on his brain! About 1 metre from being skewered!

I laughed very loudly

I_did_dab
    Free Member

Green woodpecker on Staine Street N. Downs. I followed it for about 50m. I disturbed a Roe deer which bounced about 6′ in the air and down a steep gully one Sunday early morning. Great fun…

Blake

A vid from a ride I was on, skip to about 1min 20…

fasthaggis

What a tease she was 😉

z1ppy

psychle – Member

Should you be admitting to that on a public forum??

Were all friends here, you can admit you fancy a bit of badger chasing too…

D0NK

Is that newlands blake? Fantastic bit of trail. Had a similar ovine experince near burnmoor tarn, high ferns on either side, sheep just kept running instead of stepping to one side.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

One shot . . .

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

You are Wayne Rooney and I claim my £5.

Blake

Is that newlands blake?

It is indeed, a fantastic bit of trail.

debaser

Had a tame deer run alongside the bikes for about a kilometre or so in Glen Tilt a couple of years back.

Quite a surreal experience.

martymac

got hit by a bat one evening, square in the chest.
    it flew away ok tho.

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

I live near a country park and there a quite a few deer up there at the moment. One sunday I went for a quick ride on my own and dropped down from the park to the fields below and was following a hedge / tree line seperating 2 fields. At the end there is an opening and the track goes through a break in the hedge / tree line. As I turned, staring at me was a stag, lovely creature but **** me big and quite scary up close. I froze, didn’t know what to do and for a second he dipped his head and showed me his antlers / horns (?) and then bolted. One of those moments when seconds feel like minutes.

Don’t want to meet him on one of the faster descents down the hill!!

rp16v
    Free Member

i had this whil out on a night ride with mum had the big lights on and spoted some fox’s behind a hedge so gave chase but turning fast on wet grass ended up in an amusing tumble from me and a nice power slide from the fox that got away 😆

rustler
    Free Member

i had this whil out on a night ride with mum

You had your tadger out on a night ride…with your mum ?

beanieripper
    Free Member

Had the biggest hare iv’e ever seen run along side us last week for about 100m, flat out 30mph plus ,cut throught our group and put my friend off his bike. Then got a chain snap and had 2 punctures in the next 5 mins.. quite strange (hare’s are associated with witches/ancient folklore)

winterfold
    Free Member

The Ritz 👿

I had completey eradicated that place from my memory but now it has been dredged out of my sub-conscious after two decades.

You ba5tard.

nick1962
    Free Member

I bunnyhopped over a vole on Heartbreak hill at Kirroughtree once.
    Oh and as for The Ritz …
    What’s the difference between a dog and a fox?
    About 8 pints

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘"Right I'm having him" – commute racing content’ is closed to new replies.