Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Riding with a wound
  • grazedknees
    Free Member

How many of you have, or would night ride the day after you had stitches in your arm?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Depends how bac, where, any pain etc.

boobs

probably

jackthedog
    Free Member

I wouldn't, too much risk of tearing the stitches open and the ensuing faffing around it would cause.

Patience would be the order of the day for me. That and a DVD box set of something good.

glenh
    Free Member

If it's just stitches for a 'mere flesh wound' then yeah, sure I'd ride.
    I'd probably make sure it was well covered with a dressing to avoid any dirt getting in there though.

joolsburger
    Free Member

No you'll most likely pop it and need it stitching back up.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Depends where the stitches are and how many. I'd probably do it but have it all well covered and bandaged to protect it. If its 3 stitches on your forearm its rather different to 20 in your elbow

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Why not?

grazedknees
    Free Member

They had to re stitch it a couple of times because the skin did not hold. I would normally just ride but my doc warned that it was very delicate. Im not that keen on a bigger scar if the stitches pop out again but I feel a complete woos for thinking of staying in tonight. I was just curious as to what the singletrack massive would do?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

In that case do not ride if there is any possibility of tearing them again.

xanboy
    Free Member

I put a nice cut on the outside of my elbow which needed gluing and steri strips in wales earlier this year. That was on a Monday and rode everyday for the rest of the week, I do have a nice scar now but it didn't open up again. I just kept it covered and wore elbow pads, which of course i should have been doing if i hadn't lost them. Where is the wound and how big is it?

kevonakona
    Free Member

THink you just answered your own question. NO!

Or line it with the non-sticky part of a plaster slap it with gaffa tape to keep the skin together and stops it stretching and ride.

Please note the second option is pretty stupid and if you end up tearing stitches i told you it was pretty stupid so don't do it.

wheelz
    Free Member

Can you not just pick the stitches out using your teeth, go on your ride, and then stitch yourself back up again using the needle and thread stored in the handle of your unfeasibly large combat knife?

pitduck
    Free Member

depends 😐

crikey
    Free Member

I would, but then I arranged district nurse visits for 9.30am so I could go out bike training a week after my appendix op. That's perhaps why my wound opened up and I ended up with an inch wide scar…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Riding with a wound’ is closed to new replies.