Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Riding near Dundee – recommendations please!
  • lexiekay
    Free Member

I'm probably going to be on a week long course in Dundee in early September, and thinking of taking the bike for some evening and w/end rides, any suggestions? Evenings would have to be reasonably close to Dundee, but w/ends could really be anywhere between swindon (where I'm travelling from) and Dundee, although would prefer Scotland as I'm not often up there!
    Thanks

dufresneorama
    Free Member

There's not that much in the way of decent singletrack, but you could still have some fun in Tentsmuir forest across the Tay, Templeton woods or even up the sidlaws (hills behind Dundee)

Dundee's pretty good for general cycling due to the national network and the green circular route, but not a great deal of off road.

trail_rat
    Free Member

not that much in the way of decent singletrack

you would need a local guide to find it – im not local any more so cant offer.

Sanny
    Free Member

Glen Clova – Loch Muick – Jocks Road – Kilbo Path – all pretty close by for weekend riding. McMoonter posted some pics from Jocks road last week when we were up there.

Alternatively Dunkeld and Pitlochry rock. Escape Route in Pitlochry are the guys to see for route advice.

Then of course there is Ballater and Braemar – mmmmm!

Cheers

Sanny

jordie
    Free Member

let me know when you are coming up you can join up with us.We ride
    over at Glamis/Sidlaws and we could head up Glen Esk weather dependant it is a proper good ride though and you are more then welcome to come along

lexiekay
    Free Member

Great, thanks for the tips! Jordie – I'll let you know when the dates are confirmed, it'd be good to have some local knowledge 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

having seen jordies lights from afar when winter riding – i can confirm that he knows his way around , he was on some of the singletrack up the sidlaws 😉 if you dont have a smile after riding the old DH track you need to get a new hobby (its tame as because its a mid 90s dh course ! )

namastebuzz
    Free Member

I'd recommend riding AWAY from Dundee whenever possible 😆

jabbathehut
    Free Member

jordie – give me a shout next time u are heading out buddy, if you dont mind another number in your group. Very bored of heading out on my todd.

Lexiekay – there is some good fun wee routes in dundee but it does take a lot of local knowledge and linking up of trails and tracks.

Give me a shout when u are heading up and if im around ill happily head out for a blast.

jordie
    Free Member

jabba just e mail me your details and i will get in touch with you as you have no email in your profile

kennyp
    Free Member

Any route that leads away from Dundee has to be a good one surely?

TheDBF
    Free Member

Backmuir woods, Tempy woods, Dronley woods, Clatto woods and all cycleable (is that a real word ?) from the city, then, as has been mentioned, Sidlaw hills, with tonnes of single track, although a tad over grown with all the rain and heat we've had ( I was up there last week), Bridge o Cally, Dunkeld. If I ever get round to getting my bike sorted or buy another, I'd happily go out with ye fella.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Riding near Dundee – recommendations please!’ is closed to new replies.