Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Riding near Bracknell
  • YorkshireRipper
    Free Member

I'm being sent to Bracknell next week with work and will go mad if I stay in the hotel gym.

So gonna take a bike, question is, which one? Is there much riding around?

Have a singlespeed which I figured would be OK, the hills won't be like Yorkshire.

But could take the dirt jumper for some bumps or BMX track action?

Any maps, info appreciated, or even better a meet up for some guiding one night.

Cheers

TooTall
    Free Member

You know that 'Swinley' place people keep going on about? That'll be right there. Look up Bracknell Forest or The Lookout.

5lab

theres a few fairly decent jump packs in swinley as well, but you might struggle to find them on your own

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gusamc
    Free Member

nice Thameside local (non tech) loop, Reading.
    Station, N over LHS bridge to Caversham, W along Thames, continue W, Nish Goring, retrace or E through woods. (OS 175)

If you're not very fit/quick and can get to Burghfield Common at about 5.30ish prob Weds I do a local loop (some cheeky bits)

Swinley (aka lookout) will be on your doorstep (on M3 side edge of Brac), jumps etc there, well hidden but well worth a wander around.

bintangman
    Free Member

I'd recommend the Lookout – coming from S Wales the hills seemed a bit small but you can link some great runs together. You can get a map from the office there that will point you in the right direction of lots of fun little trails – good for a couple of hours after work.

SilentSparky
    Free Member

gusamc – ygh re: Burghfield loop

martinh
    Free Member

Singlespeed is the perfect bike for Swinley. Drop me a line if you a looking for a ride

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Riding near Bracknell’ is closed to new replies.