Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Riding in the Quantocks
  • trailmonkey

How this group ride will look from the air.

I hope your trails dry out in time for this, cos if they don’t, there won’t be much left of them after 😉

IHN

*goes off to get fit, and learn how to ride again*

I shouldn’t worry about that, I don’t.

Mboy – sorry fella, I think that now we have a date and a fair few people signed up we need to stick with it. I’m always up for trips down there though so we can arrange another time.

Del

Mboy – i’m sure any of the aforementioned Q’s natives will help you out, but beware, best you go out with knottie….

aleigh
    Free Member

sharki – i’ll have to read my email when i get home because i’m not allowed to access hotmail at work

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

Can complete strangers join in too?
    I’m an old fart (48) but can do Cwm carn in about an hour and a half, would I be fit enough?

snaps
    Free Member

Yes I expect the excess faffage will slow the pace & if you bring cake sharki’s bound to wait for you!

sharki
    Free Member

Del, agreed knottie is a better guide, i prefer to ride at the back and look at butt.

This weekend is set, most seem to be happy with riding on just the 21st, but if anyone wants to make a weekend of it then find somewhere to stay and i’ll be availible from friday night onwards.

If this turns out to be as big a group as it seems to be getting, the cheeky non-legal stuff (that of course i never do) will be unlikely to be part of the loop/loops, espcecially after the snow.

Nicknoxx, i’ve not a clue how long i could do Cwm carn in so can comment on whether you a fit enough, having said that i don’t know how fit anyone will be on this ride, other than knottie, which doesn’t count as he’ll be hiding behind a tree no doubt!!!!;-).

Could do with a idea of how many are coming in case i need a field for ALL the cars..

snaps
    Free Member

My best time around Cwmcarn is about 1h6m but more like 1h20m 2 weeks ago as I slacked a bit over Xmas.

knottie8
    Free Member

Me hiding behind trees ? Only for protection from you !(Sharki) As for being 48 your never too old for loosing your Qs cherry . I love a good group ride .

knottie8
    Free Member

If enough turn up we should be able to link arms and reach both ends !

sharki
    Free Member

Pervert!!

bobsoff2
    Free Member

If it’s “perverted”, please can i join in ???

sharki
    Free Member

Yes bob, all old uns are whalecum.

Anna-B
    Free Member

That’s a fabulous photo knottie! Did you take it?

knottie8
    Free Member

I cannot claim it to be mine … A friend was on his way to spain and took several.

charlierevell
    Free Member

Yeah Knottie took that whilst getting a little ‘air’

Ill be up for this weekend now I have a new toy.
    Looking to be a rather large ride tho, cant wait!
    Ill be the one eating at the back and screaming on the downhills.

Nearly came a cropper on the chimney last week, think It was the 2ft snow drift tho! couldnt even see the rocks.
    Never riden down the gully before, was a very very strange experience!

Best get my fitness on!

Anna-B
    Free Member

Those trees in the middle look like a huge two legged dinosaur, with crocodile jaws and big claws on its feet. Maybe I shouldn’t post that though.

knottie8
    Free Member

have you been smoking funny fags ?

Dibbs
    Free Member

You’ll be wanting to ride all the time now you’ve got some “quality” equipment charlie 🙂

charlierevell
    Free Member

I seem to be living for the riding at the moment… cant wait for the weekends again!
    Thinking about some nice lights so i can get up there in the evenings!

knottie8
    Free Member

charlie
    just txt you ref tomorrow .

snaps
    Free Member

Funny fag?

sharki
    Free Member

annabananna (also what i call my daughter!!!!!) that there right in the middle of the pic, where the monsters neck meets it’s shoulder, that is ‘dragons throat’ and fun cheeky gully run that never fails to make me giggle.

So many great trails in that one pic….god i love it here..

Charlie, i only ever ride in the gully now, it’s the quickest way down..

aleigh
    Free Member

I do not regard myself as fast or whatever on a bike but I can get by and that’s all that counts 🙂

IHN may have a good idea of numbers from his side, as for the rest we’ll just have to rely on who says they’re coming on here as to whether a field will need to be arranged for the amount of cars turning up 😆

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I’m keen, but has a date actually been decided? I’m holidaying for the 1st two weeks of March and racing in Plymouth on the 15th. Anytime after that and I’m on board.

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Riding in the Quantocks’ is closed to new replies.