Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Riding in the Lakes
  • alexpalacefan

Gonna be staying at the NT campsite at Langdale at the end of next week, and hoping to get one or two days riding in.

Got the VG guide book, and I'm spoiled for choice, so does anybody have any personal recomendations?

Any advice (or guide??) very much appreciated

Cheers,

Alex

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

how far do you want to go ?

grumm
    Free Member

The iron keld and loughrigg route in that book is a cracker imo and goes past Langdale – only thing is I would recommend just before descending to Elterwater (which I guess would be at the end if you'd started in Langdale) taking the bridleway that forks left for a v short climb before some nice techy-ish singletrack dh.

Straight on (the way it sends you in the book) is shorter and not as good imo.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

If your stopping in langdale walna scar at coniston/torver is good.

Ed-O
    Free Member

If you're there and like a good paced 3 hour night ride get along to Biketreks in Ambleside for 6.30pm. You might just get to see the best trails in the Lakes.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Wall End, Blea Tarn, Fell Foot, Atkinson Coppice, High Tilberthwaite, High Oxen Fell, Iron Keld, Arnside Intake, Skelwith, (Loughrigg) Tarn Foot, Loughrigg Fell, Rothay Park, Rydal, Loughrigg Terrace (I have an alternative to the terrace), High Close, Elterwater Common, Wainwrights Inn, quarry, Baysbrown, Oak Howe, New Dungeon Ghyll, Old Dungeon Ghyll.

alexpalacefan

Mmm, night ride. Tempted but not sure how wise that is on Lake District trails I'm not familiar with.

Other suggestions all look good though, Grumm and Bjj, those are both good suggestions, thanks.

Cheers all,

Alex

lowey

Tour of Coniston including Parkamoor and Duddon Valley.

My Fav lakeland ride I Think.

Click to make big, plus a few more in there.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I forgot to mention my suggestion starts from the camp site…

anc
    Free Member

Agree with lowey, cracking route that. 😉

IamSam
    Free Member

Alex,

Second Ed's suggestion, but if you don't fancy a night ride the guys in the shop will be more than happy to point you in the right direction, they have a fair bit of local knowledge.

Sam

thefallguy
    Free Member

I can recommend sfb's routes, been up to lakes a few times armed with bogtrotters routes to follow and always had top days out. His maps are referenced with photos to give you a good idea of terrain and what the ride covers too.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

map here. I haven't entered any routes up Rossett Gill or Stake Pass because we rarely go those ways 🙂

alexpalacefan

SFB, you've hit the jackpot, thanks buddy. Ed, a night ride from the shop? it would be rude not to really 🙂

And to all of you, I knew the forum would be the place to ask. And if any of you see a short-arse on a blue 456 Thur or Fri, do say hello.

Alex

alexpalacefan

Just heard one of the boys has had a bereavment, so no trip this week.

Thanks to all anyhow,

A

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Riding in the Lakes’ is closed to new replies.