Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • riding in the bath area.
  • onereallynicespeed
    Free Member

hi people,do any of you ride in the bath area? i wondered where you ride to? it looks abit thin on the ground for riding but insider information could tell otherwise.perhaps maps or a rough guide would be good.happy christmas

awh
    Free Member

You could try this

T1000
    Free Member

theres a regular wednesday night group that head out from near the train station (Analogue andy is the man to contact)

onereallynicespeed
    Free Member

thankyou awh.have you tried this route?

onereallynicespeed
    Free Member

theres a regular wednesday night group that head out from near the train station (Analogue andy is the man to contact)
    is that his name on here T1000?

jonnych
    Free Member

The route posted looks like a goodun, browns folly (on the right) can also be linked up to go all the way to dundas aqueduct along some good trails, but do be polite to walkers as you shouldn’t really be riding there.. Also there are various trails dotted about starting at the top of lansdown. I assume it’s just XC you’re looking for?

TooTall
    Free Member

Just curious as to where you are looking for you to say

it looks abit thin on the ground for riding

A map of Bath shows it surrounded by hills and well served with bridleways – all good for riding bikes. Yes – AnalogueAndy is a user on here, but you have to be frightfully middle class to ride a bike in Bath.

T1000
    Free Member

Despite Tootall’s well meant comment there are a wide range of trails around Bath ridden by a diverse range of people 😉

mainly the trails are XC orientated but there are a few trails which are a bid more challenging; for example pipehouse lane

caspriddy
    Free Member

There are a few people that go riding on a Monday night either in the Wellow valley or up Lansdown. Drop theraven@teamraven.co.uk if your interested 🙂

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Lansdown was nice today

onereallynicespeed
    Free Member

thanks to all the replys.im not middle class tootall just a rider :-)its always good to find from people that ride there whats about.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Hi all just a nudge for AnalogueAndy if he reads this, if you could mail me on surfydave(AT)googlemail(DOT)com I’ve got a nice Spesh frame for you to collect when your next over in SunnySnowy South Wales

TooTall
    Free Member

It isn’t you that is middle class – it’s Bath! T1000 – I bet you don’t let the proles into the city once they have ridden the trails tho!

ron – he has been told.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Cheers TooTall

onereallynicespeed
    Free Member

It isn’t you that is middle class – it’s Bath!

got it in one matey.with the new shopping centre and how much every shop charge its getting more middle/upper class every day.

Edric64
    Free Member

Whiteway ,Twerton.Foxhill and Snowhill are not middle class ,

thekingofsweden

With a name like onereallynicespeed old tootall is never going to go quietly 😉

loads of good trail riding all around Bath just get a map and go ride

Although beware of Charmy Down ex ww2 airfield me and a mate had a ghostly encounter there and hadn’t been drinking !!!!!

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Lucky you didn’t include Oldfield Park on that shortlist, Edric… 😉

If you wanna look a little further afield, onereallynicespeed, check us out.

flashes
    Free Member
    onereallynicespeed
    Free Member

If you wanna look a little further afield, onereallynicespeed, check us out.

hi thurman.i actually live in radstock and went to the demo day on your patch.i,ll keep an eye on your website and may tag along 😉

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

Someone called 🙂

Sorry ron y.g.m – I’ve been out snowy riding

Was that you we passed agentdagnamit? We were a bit hung over.. too much champers at Aileens Christmas bash don’t you know TooTall 😉

There are indeed several groups riding out of Bath, contrary to TooTall’s opinion none are based on social class 🙂

As mentioned we meet 6.30 every Weds in Widcombe – over the footbridge behind the rail station, another group (the Others aka Moonlit Riders meet somewhere different each Weds at 7pm

This time of year BathAmphibs ride Sunday morning (9-9.30 bottom Bathwick Hill) plus Walcot VC does a cross / MTB ride out of Cadence at 8 on a Sat morning. Plus the Uni guys, most Weds afternoons.

I’ve uploaded a few of our routes to bikely:

http://www.bikely.com/listpaths/by/analgueandy

Beware *cheeky content* of course you’ll need to dismount and ride those sections! Seriously though, I’d avoid Browns (above Bathford) on weekends during to walker and ranger content.

There’s no website but there is a Facebook thing:

killerisation
    Free Member

Neither of those links work (now) andy 🙁

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

killerisation – Member
    Neither of those links work (now) andy

Bikely one still working for me?

http://www.bikely.com/listpaths/by/analgueandy

Facebook – can’t access from work but will sort later in the week.

Glaring omission from this thread of course is the University CC if you happen to be a student there:

http://www.bathunimtb.com/

Not to say students are not allowed out to play with the rest of us 😀

cinnamon_girl
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘riding in the bath area.’ is closed to new replies.