Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 120 total)
  • Riding in London…(riding content)
  • Swiftacular
    Free Member

I didnt even know the tattershall castle was there…we have the lincoln castle (sister ship) in gy.

qwerty
    Free Member

make it last friday of the month, meeting on the south bank???

Hairychested
    Free Member

qwerty, what time? Needs to be late enough for my wife to get back from work and me to ride from Hampton.
    Wouldn’t a Saturday morning be better?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Like yer style, qwerty… 😉

pk-ripper
    Free Member

I won’t be able to do until late March / early April – work are sending me to South Africa and Mauritius.

Better than London!

psychle
    Free Member

pk-ripper, do you have a fixie with your name on it? saw one today in Angel, ’twas it yours?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Mauritius? No, she went of her own accord.

No, er…

..hang on…

Goodgey
    Free Member

22nd Feb is good for me!!

pk-ripper
    Free Member

pk-ripper, do you have a fixie with your name on it?

I may be a ****, but not enough to have a fixie.

psychle
    Free Member

is there a brand called pk-ripper? ’twas a nice bike btw… 🙂

pk-ripper
    Free Member

yeah, there was SE Bikes back in the day – PK-Ripper was one of their BMXs.

http://www.sebmx.com/News-Reviews/Reviews/2008/October/Classic-PK-Ripper-in-Ride-UK-Mag.aspx

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I may be a ****, but not enough to have a fixie.

I LOL’ed! 😆

duntmatter
    Free Member

Sunday 22nd’s looking good for a few people then.

Any more for any more? There’s all week for people to spot this thread, but I thought it was worth a bump at.. crap, is that the time?
    I’m off to bed.

Goodgey
    Free Member

Ok do we have any idea of a time on Sunday and a location to meet?

theflatboy
    Free Member

i’m up for this – what’s the timing and location for the meetup, and also the type of riding we’re doing? i don’t have time to read the whole thread, can someone summarise please?!

Lanesra
    Free Member

By the eye, I believe was agreed as the location then heading off towards the city/tower bridge for some urban free riding/sightseeing then back along the South Bank to the Pub (Golden Hinde nr London Bridge). As for the time, sometime between 9:30-10:30 should work, will allow people to get to the centre/shake off hangovers etc..?

Goodgey
    Free Member

So 10am at the eye sound ok!

psychle
    Free Member

sorted… I’ll see ya’ll at the Eye on Sunday at 10am! 🙂

RudeBoy
    Free Member

10 am????

Right; what do people want to do, then? Pootle about the City for a while, then head down River a bit?

Little tip: You can take bikes on the Riverbus service. It’s just an idea….

theflatboy
    Free Member

right, i’ll be there at 10. which bike am i bringing, rigid hardtail with slicks of full sus xc bike with knobblies?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

rigid hardtail with slicks of full sus xc bike with knobblies?

Tsk.

Hybrid with full mudguards, rack and panniers.

Not right under the Eye, as there will be loads of tourists. I reckon, by this sculpture:

theflatboy
    Free Member

theflatboy – Member

right, i’ll be there at 10. which bike am i bringing, rigid hardtail with slicks of full sus xc bike with knobblies?

that should, of course, say or etc… not of.

i’m out of hybrids at the moment, sadly!

psychle
    Free Member

I’m bringing my 6″ travel full bouncer… can’t be too careful with the treacherous & often technical London terrain! 🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

haha, point taken! i more meant for the tyres, i can’t be bothered to change them 😆

so will it be primarily tarmac or boulderfields and north shore wooden platforms?

psychle
    Free Member

Hi flatboy, I actually wasn’t being sarcastic, I really am bringing my 6″ bike 😆 I’ll be popping on some fat Big Apple tyres and be good to go 🙂

you should bring along your Merlin Works 😉

theflatboy
    Free Member

hehe, fair enough! well that’s the debate, i’ve got my on one all ready for action with slicks on it, but they’re proper slicks so any offroad isn’t really viable. might take the merlin, give it a run without getting it too dirty 😆

nicko74

How did you know I live in London, duntmatter?
    Actually, I’m right by Westminster, so it all sounds great. Only unfortunate thing is that I have to go to a christening on Sunday (22nd). Boo. 😕

Lanesra
    Free Member

All this talk of what bike to bring is getting me sweating, It likes a first date working out what clothes to wear 🙂

Having only the one bike I’m left deciding, do I go for the freeride urban look, full length leggings or knee warmers, Helmet or Beanie, Dakine or saddlebag/bottle, do I put the white grips on etc etc..

aP
    Free Member

Might bring my cx then, as it’ll be fine for the step on the south bank.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

nicko74, right over my part of the world!

Sadly I’m out of London this weekend, otherwise I’d have been right up for a bit of long travel looning around town!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

You’d not turn up anyway, Flashy. You never do!

S’ok; we all know you’re actually fat, bald and middle aged, and really work in accounts and live in Slough… 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Slough! How dare you!

😉

I’m rarely in London at the weekend, RB, old chap.

psychle
    Free Member

so are we on for a ride this Sunday?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Yes.

Lanesra
    Free Member

Is anyone averse to entering brick lane to annoy/harass the bike thieves, just because we can?

duntmatter
    Free Member

Nice! Just back from Paris and nice to see the ride’s ripening like some steenky frensh sheese. 10 by the sculpture it is then!

nicko74 – I knew you’re in London from here.

For anyone who’s up for a ride and can’t make that date, when do you want to do one?

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Hmmmmm….. this sounds really good and would love come along if I am invited. Don’t know if I would be able to make it until the first weekend in March as we are in the process of moving house. Maybe a suggestion if the numbers are too large would be to set off in manageable groups on a pre- determined course and then meet at a beverage house to quench our thirst.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I’ll do my dandiest to turn up. 10 am Sunday? Can we confirm the location, please?

vinnyeh

I think I’ll come along to this, weather permitting. Will look forward to terrorising the south bank…

jahwomble
    Free Member

i’m on newington green, but I’ll be buggering off to Zanzibar to get married on the 20th, then six weeks in Kerala and if I try to wriggle out of it for a jolly, there’ll be trouble. But count me in for when we get back in the middle of april

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 120 total)

The topic ‘Riding in London…(riding content)’ is closed to new replies.