Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Riding Glasses recommendations
  • richc
    Free Member

The problem I have with cheap Bolles and other ‘safety glasses’ is they mist up so much, I’ve tried washing up liquid and whilst it helped it still wasn’t good.

So if more expensive vented glasses, don’t steam up and let me see where they are going they have to be worth it.

Also I sometime use a RRP mudguard thingie but I still get hit in the eyes with mud sometimes, and when you hit stuff hard the tyre hits the velcro straps and makes a hell of a noise (when the bike is static you can get your finger between the tyre and the arch so it isn’t that tight).

Taz

Used my Tifosi Envy off road at Cwm Carn today.

Very impressed with the lack of fogging. Warm, damp day but no major problems. Not perfect but as good / better as any others I have used

Never really noticed the photochromatic thing. I guess that is a good thing? That said no really quick transition between open and in the shade at Cwm Carn.

FOG

Evil Eyes are very stong! My last pair, lost not broken, actually got run over by a car after they flew off the top of my helmet. When I clipped them back together the only damage was a scratch on one lens which are easy to replace. When I finally lost them due to a similar incident [you think I’ld learn] there was no question about what to replace them with–another pair though in a different colour!

thepodge
    Free Member

anyone had a problem with their cheap ebay Bolle glasses?

first ride with mine the other day, wiped the rain off with the back of my glove (the snot / towel bit) and all the coating has come off. tried mailing the seller but no luck yet.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oakley, naturally. Various shapes and styles. Nothing is better for riding, IMO, especially the VR28 lens.

Oh, and their customer service and warranty backup is better than anyone in the bike industry, or pretty much any other industry for that matter.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Riding Glasses recommendations’ is closed to new replies.