• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Riding 'cutgate' to Fairholmes in style on the bus.
  • Bunnyhop

Todays ride started at the Langsett end. Brilliant weather,dry trails and fantastic views. everyone was friendly including the walkers.
    As I got towards the end of one of the last descents I bottled out at the switchback leading to the stream. On deciding whether I was Woman enough to carry on I looked down to see my front wheel was loose. No problems tightened it up and away I go, then I realised it was loose again and wobbling. After walking to the bottom, mr. b.h. had a look, finding a stripped thread in the nut at the end of the q.r. skewer. Mmm now what.
    He swapped the front and back wheels round, saying it was less damage to me if the back falls off (not much consolation).
    We rode to Fairholmes very carefully, then spied the bus. The driver let us on board, where to the amusement of the other passengers we travelled comfortably to Fairhomes bike hire where the chappy gave me a free nut.
    Off we went onwards and upwards to finish the loop.

A bit of cheating but hey I got around in one piece.

will
    Free Member

Sounds like that could have been nasty! Remember when my back wheel fell out on one of my laps at SITS 😆

Yes, the trails are beautiful at the moment!

DaveGr
    Free Member

He swapped the front and back wheels round, saying it was less damage to me if the back falls off

A true gent would have swopped it for one of his Q/R's !!!!

Bunnyhop

He was riding his spangly new 'Gary Fisher Roscoe' and I think ( memory is getting worse with age) that his skewer didn't fit!

nbt

Roscoes have 15mm bolt through on the front and a weird fixed QR on the back. Cracking day round ladybower today, hundreds of bikes and more than a few bingo tops

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Riding 'cutgate' to Fairholmes in style on the bus.’ is closed to new replies.