Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Riding Carneddau mountain range or others in North Wales
  • optimisticprime
    Free Member

Has anyone rode the Carneddau moutain range ? Looking for some routes away from trail centers. We are staying in Betws Y Coed and have 3 days of riding. Going to do Penmachno full loop on one of the days. Would really like a route that gets us out for a full day.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just back from that part of the world…..

Snowdon is well worth a look. Just an epic day out! We walked up Llanberis, and down Ranger before heading across to Telegraph Valley. Brilliant fun, a real challenge too.

It’s not a full day, though. You might be able to make a bigger loop of it than the one we did.

molgrips
    Free Member

I did Carnedd Dafydd “back in the day”, I think we went on to Llewellyn as well. Fair old carry up, the top was rideable but not much of a path, the trail on the way down was tricky. But then, we were on fully rigid bikes with cantilever brakes, 1.9″ tyres and 560mm bars.

Wewent up the main path from the reservoir though, might be something from the North. But really, there’s tons of fantastic riding in N Wales, the Carneddau isn’t it. Much better on foot I reckon.

Stainypants

Drum mountain ?

Drum

Loads of routes on this website

[/url]

Nipper99
    Free Member

The Wayfarer loop.

timidwheeler

Do Snowdon. Take your time, take loads of photos, go to Pete’s eats.
    Day filled.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

+ 1 For drum Mountain. The Edge Cycle routes are very good too. Snowdon is possible in a Morning or Afternoon, up Llanberis and down the Ranger/Telegraph paths.

Also look at this website http://www.ridenorthwales.co.uk/

Enjoy!!

fathomer

We went south and did Cadair Idris in the morning and then Snowdon after 5pm. Tea in Pete’s Eats just before closing, bloody brilliant day!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Riding Carneddau mountain range or others in North Wales’ is closed to new replies.