Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Riding around Castle Douglas?
  • ahhhjrene
    Free Member

The brood and I are off to Castle Douglas next week and I hope to bugger off frequently on the bike.

I know Dalbeattie is pretty close but is there anything I shouldnt miss close by? The more technical the better.

I’m not a driver so ideally within riding distance.

Cheers.

sillyoldman

Isn’t Kirroughtree the closest?

ahhhjrene
    Free Member

Any natural routes anyone could recommend? Not really interested in the trail centres.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Years ago when I was staying in CD I headed West to Newton Stewart and did some riding in the Galloway forest. Not much technical stuff (lots of fire road) but nice riding nonetheless.

thefallguy
    Free Member

Kirroughtree isn’t your typical trail centre and is worth the trip IMO, you could investigate some of the Southern Upland Way which runs a few miles north of Castle Douglas

JamieMc
    Free Member

Pop into Next Level Bikes in Castle Douglas Mark will be able to point you in the direction of some stuff.
    Id also suggest putting up a post in the Galloway Hillbillies facebook page as there are alot of folks that ride regularly and there are some golden trails that not many folk know about. If i were back id take you out.

pottsathome
    Free Member

Kirry is 45 miles from cd. Trekster is your man for this he ll be along sometime soon I imagine.

Trekster

pottsathome – Member
    Kirry is 45 miles from cd. Trekster is your man for this he ll be along sometime soon I imagine.

POSTED 3 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST
    Cheers, but working next week. You could also pop in to MPG cycles in Dalbeattie and get some contacts for locals there.
    Skreel and Doach Wood spring to mind
    Coastal path from Kipford to Sandyhills added on to Dalbeattie.
    New Abbey monument ride added on to Mabie
    SupW could be a bit wet and boggy not to say covered in snow in some points
    Sam & Dave from the Breakpad could show you the local stuff around Kirry if you contact them and they are around.
    Night rides at Dalbeattie on a Wed night, Mabie on a Thurs and I think Kirry is Tues?
    Might be available next Sat if you are still around
    None of the above will be very challenging technical wide btw probably better bringing a road bike if you don’t like trail centres and don’t drive!!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

robably better bringing a road bike if you don’t like trail centres and don’t drive!!

D&G is great for road biking. Lots of rolling hills and brilliantly quite roads.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Riding around Castle Douglas?’ is closed to new replies.