Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Riddles…
  • alpinegirl
    Free Member

I am in urgent need to help in improving on my colleagues riddles – it’s our new lunchtime entertainment. Todays had three of us covering sheets of paper with equations trying to prove someone wrong (rather annoyingly we all failed).

So please, if you know any good riddles please post them (with answers) for me to use… Preferably not word-play ones as they will be translated into German!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

There was a young lady from Fife
    Who was actually quite keen on knitting, which is generally seen as a more ‘elderly’ pastime.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I have a pint of lager in one glass and a pint of real ale in another glass. Neither glass is full to the rim. I take a teaspoon of lager from the first glass and add it to the real ale mixing thoroughly. I then take a teaspoon of this mixture and put it back in the lager glass.
    Is there more lager in the beer, or beer in the lager?

IanMunro
    Free Member

A plane is sat on a conveyor..

Drac

Is the answer smash one of the glasses and jab you in the throat for spoiling real ale?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

That’s a bit much! 😯

crispybacon
    Free Member

which came first the chicken or the egg?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

The egg, birds never come first

IanMunro
    Free Member

That’s a bit much!
    Depends on the beer really.

alpinegirl
    Free Member

IanMunro – that’s the one we had today. I need something to beat it! And do I know you Rudeboy?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

And do I know you Rudeboy?

Hmm… c’est possible,c’est possible…

Stu_N

I have a pint of lager in one glass and a pint of real ale in another glass. Neither glass is full to the rim. I take a teaspoon of lager from the first glass and add it to the real ale mixing thoroughly. I then take a teaspoon of this mixture and put it back in the lager glass.

Same amount of lager in beer as there is beer in lager (as long as mixed perfectly).

Start with 100 units of beer in glass 1 and 100 of lager in glass 2, and say your spoon is 5 units

Decant step gives 100 of beer and 5 of lager in glass 1 = 105 units total volume, and 95 units of lager in glass 2

Mix up and decant back – you’ll be moving 5 units back and that will be (100/105) beer and (5/105) lager back into glass 2

At end glass 1 contains 100 units which is 100*(100/105) units beer and 100*(5/105) units lager so 95.238 units beer and 4.762 units lager.

Glass 2 contains 100 units which is 95 + (5*5/105) units of lager and (5*100/105) units of beer so 95.238 lager and 4.762 beer.

jimmy

Police officers find a dead man in a wetsuit and scuba equipment in a burnt out area of Australia. Why / how is he there?

funkynick

jimmy… didn’t they do that one on CSI one time? 😀

RudeBoy
    Free Member

He put on the suit to protect himself from flames, and used the gas tank to breathe, in the smoke?

alpinegirl
    Free Member

Isn’t that answer he was picked up by a helicopter collecting seawater or something?
    I don’t think I know anyone in London, so I am very confused Rudeboy (and it’s not Fife anyway…)

alfabus
    Free Member

Zahada!

Consider yourself warned.. if you click on that link, large portions of your life will vanish.

I’m on level 36 :o)

Dave

mudshark
    Free Member

Is the 1st riddle how to get started?!

alfabus
    Free Member

mudshark, yes! ;o)

Dave

miketually
    Free Member

Is the 1st riddle how to get started?!

Sooooo easy to get to level one!

theflatboy
    Free Member

oh no, i did a riddle like that zahada one a while back. addictive 🙁

miketually
    Free Member

I’m on level 7 of zahada now.

Anna-B
    Free Member

3 light bulbs in one room, 3 switches in another room, you don’t know which switch operates which light bulb. You can’t see into the lightbulb room from where the switches are. How do you figure out which switch operates which bulb? You’re not allowed to keep flicking switches and running back and forth to see!

Does that make sense? I’m a bit tired and not sure, I know what the answer is though!

ourkidsam
    Free Member
    miketually
    Free Member

Now bored of zahada

alfabus
    Free Member

where bored == stuck ?

Dave

miketually
    Free Member

where bored == stuck ?

Where bored = can’t be arsed with a puzzle where solving it means you have to realise that some of the text is an image and then look at the properties of that image to find the answer.

If I want to waste my time on pointless minutia, I’ll start a thread on here 🙂

muddy_bum
    Free Member

annannaabannabana

Turn on switch 1 and 2 for a minute then turn off switch 2 and enter the room.
    The light that is on is switch one the light that is WARM is switch two and the light that is off and cold is switch three. Tah Dah!

Anna-B
    Free Member

very good muddy bum top marks for lateral thinking!

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Name ten parts of the human body that have only three letters in the name.
    ear, eye, lip, gum, jaw, arm, leg, toe, hip,rib.

theotherjonv

nob, bum, t!t, ****t

MrNutt
    Free Member

if it takes two men one day to dig a hole, how long would it take one man to dig half a hole?

ronjeremy
    Free Member

how far can a dog chase a fox into a forest?

ourmaninthenorth

In an attempt to distract myself from work, I clicked on the Zahada link. Realising it was either taking the p*ss or required more effort than wondering where the link was, I went back to my work, suddenly finding its own difficulties so much more interesting.

I think that means that working has officially made me more stupid.

MrNutt
    Free Member

you can’t dig half a hole.

charlierevell
    Free Member

xxxxx-xxxx = 33333

You can only use 123456789 and only use each number once!
    What are the two numbers? (replace the x’s with numbers)

Mat

number 17 of zahada isn’t the pub :p

offthebrakes
    Free Member

41286 – 7953 = 33333
    or 41268 – 7935 = 33333

alpin
    Free Member

ein man klopft an einer tür.
    er sagt “darf ich ein glass wasser haben., bitte”
    der man in dem haus holt sein gewehr und schiesst in der luft.
    der man bei der tür sagt “danke” und geht weg….

was war los mit dem man?

er hatte schluckaufe.

Drac

12786 — 9453 = 3333
    12768 — 9435 = 3333
    12876 – 9543 = 3333
    12867 – 9534 = 3333
    12678 – 9345 = 3333
    12687 – 9354 = 3333

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Riddles…’ is closed to new replies.