Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Ribble cycles…………….crap customer service
  • epo-aholic
    Free Member

Ordered a stem in 120mm flavour from ribble a while back for a tt bike build i was in the middle of. I ordered this size as it was recommended by the frame builder as correct for my size and reach, etc – the stem happened to be an adjustable one. Around a month later i finished the build and set about the fine tuning and a turbo ride or two. i couldn't get on with the reach and apon further examination i found the stem to be 130mm in length. Called up ribble and they said, no problem send it back and we'll refund or swap it for you. Got it off the bike and it was obvious that the tri-bars had worn a small section of the paint on the stem face plate, on seeing this i promptly called ribble to inform them, no problem they said. Send it in, after all its our fault for sending in the wrong stem – so i did and included a covering letter with all my details, etc. One week later and no acknowledgement from ribble so i called them up today only to be told the stem is unsaleable and i wont be receiving a refund as the stem is marked and not only that but that you measure an adjustable stem differently from a 'normal' stem? although he agreed it measured 125mm and not the 120mm i had originally ordered – needless to say i have since fitted the correct size to my tt bike and it seems fine. is this just crappy service and general bull**it or am i expecting too much from a respected online retailler?`

i have had dozens of dealings with CRC and wiggle and never once had a problem, has anyone else had a similar lack of service from ribble?

your thoughts gratefully received?

cheers

zaskar
    Free Member

I know it sucks but I think it's 50/50.

You should have checked the stem length before fitting but you didn't as you had faith in Ribble.

I nearly fitted a cassette I bought from Chain Reaction Cycles only to just notice that they sent LX and not XT and a different ratio by lockring codes and pdfs on shimano.

I think Ribble could have offered you a discounted stem at least.

Ribble -great bikes

-Shoddy service-do a forum search from previous users…

👿

aP
    Free Member

My SO bought a frame in 1999 from Ribble, it wasn't fit for purpose. I have nothing further of interest to say on this matter. I'm not sure whether anyone ever buys anything twice from them – we wouldn't.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If they sent you the wrong size thing then they should refund – and refund the postage as well.

manwells
    Free Member

are you that thick epo that you are incapable of measuring a stem, i suggest you stick to knitting in future derrrrrrrrrr brain LMFAO!

Houns

Lol

ANyways can they not just swap the stem face plates over, sending the worn one back on the correct size stem?

woffle
    Free Member

are you that thick epo that you are incapable of measuring a stem, i suggest you stick to knitting in future derrrrrrrrrr brain LMFAO!

Haven;t you got a bike to sell?

Johnbot
    Free Member

manwells – Member

Prick.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

i think your missing the point manwells – i shouldn't have to! what are you doing posting here anyway? this aint the classifieds you know?

sc-xc

You gotta love manwells. He only ventures over here to throw insults, then wonders why no-one wants to buy his overpriced bike! Seems like a bright lad, he'll go far.

manwells
    Free Member

gripper i am so pleased that you are still alive and kicking and still stalking me, how is stebson doing? LAUGH OUT LOUD! are you still abusing the forum rules bethell?

HTTP404
    Free Member

Ribble have very poor customer service and I have experienced this first hand. Calls are never returned and phones are put down on you.

Avoid them.

tron
    Free Member

Never dealt with Ribble, but I've heard bad things about them for years. Which is why I've never dealt with them…

big_n_daft
    Free Member

two views

1. you bought it froma discount online retailer, looking at the comments on size they probably sold in good faith and are not happy having to refund it with the damage to it. If you bought it from your LBS you probably wouldn't have the same issue. ie

can they not just swap the stem face plates over, sending the worn one back on the correct size stem?

2. distance selling regs entitle you to a refund including return postage, report to trading standards

depending on which view you take I'm sure plenty of people on here will advise you

MoreCashThanDash

Bought three bikes/frames and various other bits over the years – bike builds can be a bit slow, but I've had no problems with them – not denying others experiences. Often cheap for roadie bits as well.

Mind you, I've had no issues with Dave Hinde either – not that I'd use them again, based on some truly shocking reports I've seen since.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Ribble cycles…………….crap customer service’ is closed to new replies.